Search

Korean Air peanut allergy incident

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Korean Air peanut allergy incident

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/16-y...200441401.html

I understand that no airline can ensure an allergy free flight. But these were 2 teenagers. You don't strand a 15 year old and a 16 year old in a new country. The Korean Air staff could have been more sympathetic & accommodating, particularly after the affected teen offered to wear a mask.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
And now Korean Air has stopped all serving peanuts on all flights. There are going to be a lot of sad and confused (and even possibly angry) Koreans about the lack of peanuts to eat ...

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 28, 2019 at 11:08 am Reason: inappropriate/offensive comment removed
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Korea boasts an amazing selection of flavored almonds (anyone who lives in Korea is probably aware). They should serve those instead!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Aren't almonds generally more expensive than peanuts?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Probably, my post was mostly facetious. In recent years flavored almonds (with really bizarre flavors, like lobster, honey lemon, or cookies and cream) have become ubiquitous, and so I think it would be funny to serve those. Probably not a realistic suggestion
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Aren't almonds generally more expensive than peanuts?
Since California is a major source of almonds, and the USA has a bit of a trade deficit with the ROK, let them eat almonds, or as some NoCal folks— particularly farmers around Chico— call them, “aMMonds.” That’s because they shake the L out of them during the harvest. If you don’t get the joke, search on YT for something showing almond harvest methods in CA.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Also - as "pro travelers" - why didn't they see Korean Air was operating the ICN MNL flight and call them before hand? That's what I certainly would do. If it's that severe, you can't just show up to any airline and ta da! This plane is boarding now but I have a DEATHLY allergy! "moments beforehand"
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Skypass MMC, Delta Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
The reason KE sent them back was because, on top of not serving peanuts to those kids, the family requested that KE stop serving peanuts to all other passengers on board the same flight.
The family refused to board the flight if KE serves peanuts to other passengers. Instead of facing 200+ angry passengers anticipating the peanut service, they chose to send the family back to US. The family has to go back to US if they choose not to board the connecting flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.