Wiki Posts
Search

Getting F'd on Caviar Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-P, and Chase-ing the sapphire dragon
Getting F'd on Caviar Service

Taking a ICN - LAX F in Dec. Seeing some reports of caviar appearing in F, true? Be the perfect pairing with P+J.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Please report back if you have caviar on that route. I no longer see it on the NY route
Old Nov 15, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
FWIW, caviar was served on my IAD-ICN flight a couple weeks ago
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:41 am

Flew ke25 8pm flight to SFO overthe wknd. Caviar also served in tin jar w sides.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I was under the impression that the caviar/foie gras service in F alternates on a monthly basis on North American routes. So one direction will have the caviar and the other will have foie gras for a given month, to be swapped the following month. Is this no longer the case?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Negative here KE 11 ICN - LAX had the foie gras. I believe FlyerBeek is correct - the LAX - ICN might have the jars for black goodness. FWIW, the steak at the F lounge at ICN was pretty darn good. The Lounge attendants are much more proactive now about being flagged down - also they still do the tags, so don't forget to get that on your way in (although horrendous font)
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:00 pm

Is this actually true?
I think I never had an instance where caviar was not served on my dozens and dozens of flights on KE F.
And I flew a lot of different routes operated by KE.
Is this a new change?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by agjil
Is this actually true?
I think I never had an instance where caviar was not served on my dozens and dozens of flights on KE F.
And I flew a lot of different routes operated by KE.
Is this a new change?
For the past 2 years most of my (10 or so) ICN-JFK A380/B747-8 F flights have been the foie gras terrine instead of the caviar. I do remember getting caviar on a JFK-ICN flight more often.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Also FWIW, F got the J Davi Amenity Kit in F - although thew new F kit just looks like a different wrapper. The plus side is, more FA's per pax ratio, PJ Rose, Johnny Blue, and not having to hop over someone to get out in the older models. Also the foie gras was as hard as a stick of butter straight from the fridge when I had it
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by hooni212
For the past 2 years most of my (10 or so) ICN-JFK A380/B747-8 F flights have been the foie gras terrine instead of the caviar. I do remember getting caviar on a JFK-ICN flight more often.
Hmm interesting, I should pay more attention to what food I get on KE.
I generally hate foie gras, so I will be very disappointed if I get that instead of caviar.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by PacificStandTime
Also FWIW, F got the J Davi Amenity Kit in F - although thew new F kit just looks like a different wrapper. The plus side is, more FA's per pax ratio, PJ Rose, Johnny Blue, and not having to hop over someone to get out in the older models. Also the foie gras was as hard as a stick of butter straight from the fridge when I had it
this also happened on my flight. FA said they were out of stock on the F amenity kits; I wonder if they were out or KE is cost cutting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.