Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Is it work going after KE Morning Club Premium Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KF, FB, HH, AA

Hello,

I am currently nearing KE Skypass Morning Calm Club status. My question is given DL has now reciprocal Milage earnings would it be a good idea to still go after KE Morning Clam Premium CLub status? since, it does last you a lifetime? Or would it be a better idea to go with DL now? Given that I would be flying out of SE Asia and will always have a transfer at ICN? My base is in SE asia. I will also be flying a few or several flights with in the US everytime I fly from SE asia to US.
Old May 5, 2018, 12:39 pm

Morning Calm is lifetime? News to me. The main benefits, as I understand them, are limited lounge access, and a separate check-in line (assuming you are not flying Prestige-class or higher). But I can't see harm in having it, how could it be bad?
Old May 5, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

KE Morning calm premium. 500k miles. Lifetime status.
I was asking if it was worth it to grind for 500k miles and get KE MC premium status. I know KE morning calm would last 2 years. With limited lounge and etc.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Skyteam Elite Plus (KE Morning Calm Premium)
I am flying Y.
From my perspective, there are two reason for me to go for KE Morning Clam Premium

1. lounge access
KE Morning calm - 4 times lounge access in 2 years
KE Morning Clam Premium - life time

2. Mile redemption
KE is charging 50% more miles for peak season travel. However, KE Morning Clam Premium members exempted from that.

I am currently flying 50-70K on UA (to maintain * Gold) and 20-30K on KE every year. From this rate, I will hit KE Morning Clam Premiumin around 2022.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Wow. that is a lot of flying. I do fly KE from Asia to Europe or US. But, while in the US I have flown with Delta most of the time.
Old May 12, 2018, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by jacobus
Wow. that is a lot of flying. I do fly KE from Asia to Europe or US. But, while in the US I have flown with Delta most of the time.
With the recently updated KE earn chart for Delta flights, it can make a lot more sense to credit domestic DL to KE than before. Even basic economy E class earns 70% miles.
Old May 13, 2018, 12:45 am
Original Poster

That is true. Hence every DL flight I take now will be credited to my KE skypass
Old May 13, 2018, 1:18 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Fairly limited benefits until you reach lifetime status. Depending on your travel patterns that could be many years away, by which time the lifetime status might not exist (grandfather existing), or require more miles to attain (e.g. 1 million), and/or have reduced benefits.

Conversely crediting to another program might get you more significant benefits in the meantime.

There is no right answer. It depends on your travel patterns, what you value from a programme (e.g. lounge access, awards, upgrades), risk tolerances (for the programmes changing), etc.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Fairly limited benefits until you reach lifetime status. Depending on your travel patterns that could be many years away, by which time the lifetime status might not exist (grandfather existing), or require more miles to attain (e.g. 1 million), and/or have reduced benefits.

Conversely crediting to another program might get you more significant benefits in the meantime.

There is no right answer. It depends on your travel patterns, what you value from a programme (e.g. lounge access, awards, upgrades), risk tolerances (for the programmes changing), etc.
I do have a question though regarding the Lifetime Status for the 500k miles flown does it have a time limit or say I gained KE Morning Clam reaching 50k. and then extend it by flying 30k again and accumulate more miles as months pass by. Does it allow you say you gain KE morning clam 2018 and reach 500k miles by say 2020, would you get the Lifetime status regardless of when you gained it?
Old May 14, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
I do have a question though regarding the Lifetime Status for the 500k miles flown does it have a time limit or say I gained KE Morning Clam reaching 50k. and then extend it by flying 30k again and accumulate more miles as months pass by. Does it allow you say you gain KE morning clam 2018 and reach 500k miles by say 2020, would you get the Lifetime status regardless of when you gained it?
I don't recall if there is a time limit on how quick you need to get to Morning Calm Premium. It is equivalent to SkyTeam Elite Plus, so that gives access to Delta lounges and other benefit when flying Delta when you use Skypass # on the ticket.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t_cliff
I don't recall if there is a time limit on how quick you need to get to Morning Calm Premium. It is equivalent to SkyTeam Elite Plus, so that gives access to Delta lounges and other benefit when flying Delta when you use Skypass # on the ticket.
Yup. I fly KE more often than other airlines, flying SE Asia to either Europe or US, so I am banking everything I can with Skypass. I think if I do get 500k miles It would be worth it since It is lifetime
Old May 19, 2018, 3:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No time limit as long as account stays active & isn't closed. Of course there is always a risk the rules change (even remove the ability to qualify for lifetime status) over time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.