Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class 777W vs A380

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Business Class 777W vs A380

Want to get your thoughts on which is better traveling solo to ICN n mid August from the US. Never flown on an A380 before and would probably grab one of the middle seats for direct aisle access but the seats are not as private. 777W seems to have better seats but I can't decide if its worth it to not fly on an A380.

747-8 would be my first pick but so far can't find any availability in business.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 11:49 am

The A380 is a much quieter plane, at least in the front. It does have two lounges, but those are fairly useless if you're traveling alone or don't care to mingle with strangers.
As you already mentioned, the Prestige Sleeper seats are not private at all in the Airbus. If it were me, I'd take a Prestige Suite so that I'm guaranteed aisle access from any seat plus some privacy.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Plus
Originally Posted by redghost
Want to get your thoughts on which is better traveling solo to ICN n mid August from the US. Never flown on an A380 before and would probably grab one of the middle seats for direct aisle access but the seats are not as private. 777W seems to have better seats but I can't decide if its worth it to not fly on an A380.

747-8 would be my first pick but so far can't find any availability in business.
If you’ve never flown on an A380 you should at least once. I flew it from ATL and J was maybe a third full. Plenty of room to move around, stretch, have a drink, tour the a/c. Plus five lavs on the upper deck. Never have to wait, and one is a changing room.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
The new J seats on the 777-300 are MUCH better than the ones on A380. For a long haul flight such as US-ICN I would definitely pick the new seat on 777 over A380.
rt23456p likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.