Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

F on 747-8i: 1A/1J or 2A/2J for a couple?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

My wife and I are booked in F on the 747-8i from JFK-ICN, and out of instinct I put us into 1A and 1J. I figured this would also be best as those seats are the closest together. However, I now see that the 1A/1J suites are somewhat smaller than 2A/2J because of the curve of the fuselage. The question then is, are 1A/1J close enough together that it really makes a difference for a couple over 2A/2J (i.e. can you even really lean forward and talk?), or are 2A/2J better because they are roomier?

In any event I'm hoping there isn't more than one other passenger in F on our flight so we can have separate suites for sleeping, but I want to make sure we are happily situated if the cabin is full.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:37 am

I flew this from ICN to YVR and the row 1 Suites are noticeably smaller than row 2. And in row 1, because of the wall, it’s not comfortable to lean forward to talk. For hose reasons, we ended up picking row 2 and I’m glad we did. You can dine together in one suite which was nice. And we hung out, had a drink, and chatted in that same dining position periodically throughout the flight. Then went to our separate suites to relax, watch movies, and sleep. That would be my recommendation.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:00 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Was the dine together option offered by the crew? It's good to know that it exists though I assumed it didn't given the lack of a buddy seat seat belt in the suites. Or do they just tell you to go back to your own suite if the seat belt light goes on?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:32 pm

They didn’t proactively offer dining together. But I was already hanging out on the buddy seat before takeoff. And then after takeoff I was back at the buddy seat when they served us drinks. Then when meal service was starting they asked if they should set up the table for two. I asked if that’s ok and they were fine with it. You are correct that there is no seat belt. We didn’t have any issues during the meal but afterwards it started to get bumpy and the flight attendant asked me to go back to my seat. She was very apologetic though. Excellent service overall. Long story short, I would recommend just asking to dine together as they may not proactively offer it.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:53 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Thanks, good to know. I did come across one other blogger trip report that mentioned dining together so sounds like your experience wasn't just a one-off.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all - I've moved us into 2A/2J. Also good to know we can dine together, although we are on the 12:50AM flight which I think has an abbreviated dinner service? We may basically just go to sleep and then have a nice breakfast together.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
Thanks all - I've moved us into 2A/2J. Also good to know we can dine together, although we are on the 12:50AM flight which I think has an abbreviated dinner service? We may basically just go to sleep and then have a nice breakfast together.
My wife and I are taking the same flight in November. Can you let me know what the dinner service is like? We weren't aware of the abbreviated service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.