Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Unable to book Skyteam awards on Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Citi TYP, Alaska MP

Hi,
I have run into a strange issue the last few days. I can't for the life of me find any award space on a number of different routes/dates on Delta using SkyPass miles. A couple weeks ago I was able to search an RT flight SFO -> BUF -> JFK -> SFO in around mid-August, and I remember there being space on numerous flights for this routing. Yesterday and today I've tried to book simple round trips SFO <-> BUF, SFO <-> ATL, SFO <-> SLC, even SEA <-> SLC in March, May, August, November... and nothing. Well nothing except for the message "We are unable to find recommendations for your search...".

Anyone else noticing this, and do you think it's just a glitch they will resolve soon or is something else amiss?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:19 pm

Programs: KE,OZ,JL,AC,SAS
Its probably some sort of glitch because I have been tracking YYZ-MSP-HND-GMP/ICN-YYZ using Skypass miles and they usually show options of those flights, but near when airlines set their schedule for summer/winter, they were not available to search. So I suggest that try after a few days.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

It is still happening to me. Searching Korean Air awards on the website works just fine, but searching a SkyTeam award doesn't work. I tried SFO <-> SLC on dates Nov. 1 - Nov. 6 (a Thursday through Tuesday) in economy for 1 person. Seems like there should be a ton of space for this search, but nothing. I'm just hoping Delta is not pulling something behind the scenes... maybe I'll just need to call to book it... (which I don't like doing hehe).

Last edited by djdep13; Dec 18, 2017 at 11:13 am Reason: Couple errors
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Actually, what I said is not quite right. Searching Skyteam awards works too, for example I searched SFO <-> Shenzhen and found space on China Airlines. Also found Delta award space on SFO <-> CDG :/ Maybe there's just no eligible space anymore to Buffalo? Seems odd that far out in economy, but maybe it's true.

What mileage price of Delta awards should show up for SKYPASS SFO <-> BUF? The lowest I found was 30,000 on Delta website I think.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:55 pm

I am having same issue. Previously (in November) I was able to see broad Delta availability for DFW - HNL on Sky-pass. It all seems to have dried up in matter of week. Search engine wont return any availability 350D out.

I am suspecting glitch. I will keep an eye on this thread for resolution.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by ccuser11
I am having same issue. Previously (in November) I was able to see broad Delta availability for DFW - HNL on Sky-pass. It all seems to have dried up in matter of week. Search engine wont return any availability 350D out.

I am suspecting glitch. I will keep an eye on this thread for resolution.
I just checked SFO <-> BUF 10/2 - 10/5, 2018 and got tons of availability. Looks like they have fixed it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.