Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Jan 2018 First Class Award Space to US Blocked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold

Hi All,

I was looking to book a return to the US from ICN in early to mid Jan (off-peak) and it seems like all first class space to the USA is blocked. Is this typical? Can anyone comment on what the usual window is for KE to release seats on flights to the US? Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:21 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Given it is only a little over a month until your desired travel date, the awards are probably all long gone.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Are you looking for a specific gateway? I am seeing a lot of availability to LAX after 1/15.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
Are you looking for a specific gateway? I am seeing a lot of availability to LAX after 1/15.
I similarly see availability to SFO beginning January 14.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for responding! I have no specific port of entry to the US. I知 ok with arriving into any city KE serves and then positioning separately back to my hometown if necessary.

I don稚 think I did a good job being specific enough in my Initial post but I was looking for space closer to the days following Jan 3rd. Unfortunately those still appear to be blocked.

In any case if folks have any insights on if/when I can expect to see space open on these flights, I would greatly appreciate any guidance! Thanks again
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGuy10
Thanks for responding! I have no specific port of entry to the US. I知 ok with arriving into any city KE serves and then positioning separately back to my hometown if necessary.

I don稚 think I did a good job being specific enough in my Initial post but I was looking for space closer to the days following Jan 3rd. Unfortunately those still appear to be blocked.

In any case if folks have any insights on if/when I can expect to see space open on these flights, I would greatly appreciate any guidance! Thanks again
I've booked a few awards on KE and unfortunately have not seen them open up additional space after the inventory sold out. They sent the planes out with open seats rather than open up space.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eeflyer
I've booked a few awards on KE and unfortunately have not seen them open up additional space after the inventory sold out. They sent the planes out with open seats rather than open up space.
Thanks for the feedback. Is it clear those seats were ever made available for awards? Or are they yet to be made available? I知 guessing the latter but I知 just speculating here
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Is it clear those seats were ever made available for awards? Or are they yet to be made available? I知 guessing the latter but I知 just speculating here
They were indeed available for awards as the cabin was booked 0 before we booked our seats. I checked availability periodically to estimate chances of having a cabin to ourselves and nothing ever opened.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is it clear those seats were ever made available for awards? Or are they yet to be made available? I知 guessing the latter but I知 just speculating here
You're looking for an F award less than 30 days out, and the absence of any on your desired dates leads you to conclude there were never any released???
jbeans likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA DL
They were available before. I'm on a business award flight from ICN-SFO on 1/8. First class had even more availability when I was looking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.