Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Still no info on a new KE lounge at the new ICN Terminal 2?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still no info on a new KE lounge at the new ICN Terminal 2?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
I apologize for my ignorance...but as someone who really doesn't understand the issues (or lack thereof) for the media not liking it, etc.... Care to provide some insight for myself?
It's a lot of leftist outlets that seem to pile on the fast track system. Couple that with jealous netizens and it's a hot button issue. The Moon government wants to show it's for the common folk and this fast track system most certainly isn't for them.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Is it correct that the T1/T2 connections will be either the speedy airside subway or a slow landside bus? If I'm staying near the Maglev (Grand Hyatt area) but departing T2 with no checked bags, could I hypothetically check in using a common-use kiosk at T1, go through security/customs there, and take the subway to T2? That would seem to be much faster than the bus.
From the article picture, look like there is another option of taking land side airport train between T1 and T2 with a 7 minutes ride.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by t_cliff
From the article picture, look like there is another option of taking land side airport train between T1 and T2 with a 7 minutes ride.
Thanks, looks like official word is slowly coming out. I’m glad that the Airport Railroad being extended ahead of T2’s opening. I see that the Korail site is now selling KTX tickets to/from T2, but no info yet on the AREX site. Chosun has an article saying the extension will open this Saturday.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:31 am

What about the airport limo buses from Seoul?
Do the buses stop at both terminals?

Tks!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: ALL Gold, MPC Silver
Originally Posted by HawaiiO
What about the airport limo buses from Seoul?
Do the buses stop at both terminals?

Tks!
Yes, all of them will stop at both terminals, but the KAL limos will stop at T2 first, then T1 while all the other limos will stop at T1 first then T2
zippy the pinhead likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:32 am

Thank u!
I always take those limo buses to/from airport.

Originally Posted by corbomite
Yes, all of them will stop at both terminals, but the KAL limos will stop at T2 first, then T1 while all the other limos will stop at T1 first then T2
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:47 am

Information on new terminal 2 lounges

I'm very curious and so looking forward to the new lounges for passengers using it. Besides the few media graphic design images of the yet to be reviewed terminal.... Is there any other news or information on it?
Terminal 2 officially opening on 18 Jan and I'm transiting on 20 Jan.

Anyone with links or updates information is greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by babyeitoto
I'm very curious and so looking forward to the new lounges for passengers using it. Besides the few media graphic design images of the yet to be reviewed terminal.... Is there any other news or information on it?

I am flying KE through ICN from SFO on 19-Jan, although my connection may not allow for ample time to explore the lounge. I have five hour layover at ICN on Jan-28 on an int'l F ticket, and I certainly plan on putting a trip report together for the FT community!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by babyeitoto

There's some info at another thread:

New ICN terminal and Korean Air lounge
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by kaskade916
Korean Air ready for relocating to Incheon Airport Terminal 2 from January 18, 2018

First photo I've found of the new KAL First Class Lounge in this article... looks interesting. I am concerned that every article I've read always mentions only 30 seats in the first class lounge, seems really small for their main hub?
From what I hear, the new first class lounge in T2 is EXCLUSIVELY for Korean Air first class passengers. No high milers, no companion. (they are building a separate high miler lounge).
As such, it should be enough to serve its purpose. I hear they will begin table service as well. Hopefully it will be a huge improvement from horrible food selection in T1. I am sure they are trying to limit the food consumption on that end as well, while increasing its quality.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:22 am

T1 KE lounge

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
I wouldn't worry. T2 is opening early next year (Jan or Feb 2018), and since it's being delayed, KE has a plenty of time to prepare the lounge. DFS is the reason for T2 delay - I believe everything else is all set. I read somewhere that the new lounge will be larger than T1 one. T1 (main terminal) KE lounge will close as soon as KE leaves.

But then, KE isn't famous for its lounge.

KE Terminal 1 lounge at SEL unfortunately had scary looking food offerings and sofas and furniture showing its wear and tear.

The beverage such as draft beer and some alcohol at the little bar section saved the day.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

With the new terminal opening just hours away hopefully we'll get more and more info and reports... Here's one with more photos-

https://www.ausbt.com.au/first-photo...irport-lounges
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:51 am

Some video showing up in Korean media:

Many others will be suggested by Youtube when you view those, inlcuding this one:

Last edited by zippy the pinhead; Jan 17, 2018 at 11:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.