Search

Travel to Japan from SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Travel to Japan from SFO

Hi FT'ers,

Never thought that I'd be posting in the Korean Air forum, but, here I am.

I'm looking to book an award ticket for travel to Japan in January, 2018, traveling from San Francisco.

Specifically, I'm going to be skiing in Hokkaido, and would like to fly into Sapporo. Once I'm done skiing, I'd like to spend a few days in Tokyo before flying back to SFO.

My ideal itinerary looks like this:

SFO-ICN-CTS, Skiing, CTS-NRT/HND, explore Tokyo, NRT-ICN-SFO

I'm planning on flying F in both directions, and getting to CTS looks to be easy. Is there anyway to use Tokyo as a stopover on the way back from CTS so that I don't need to book a one-way from CST to NRT?

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by LRMErnst
Hi FT'ers,

Never thought that I'd be posting in the Korean Air forum, but, here I am.

I'm looking to book an award ticket for travel to Japan in January, 2018, traveling from San Francisco.

Specifically, I'm going to be skiing in Hokkaido, and would like to fly into Sapporo. Once I'm done skiing, I'd like to spend a few days in Tokyo before flying back to SFO.

My ideal itinerary looks like this:

SFO-ICN-CTS, Skiing, CTS-NRT/HND, explore Tokyo, NRT-ICN-SFO

I'm planning on flying F in both directions, and getting to CTS looks to be easy. Is there anyway to use Tokyo as a stopover on the way back from CTS so that I don't need to book a one-way from CST to NRT?

Thanks!
I don't think that is possible since CTS-ICN nonstop is available. However, I'm not 100% sure. The closest scenario to this is that I have experience with is that I wanted to fly LAX-ICN with a layover in SFO. However that differs from this case since KE does not offer a LAX-SFO leg.

Have you tried pricing it out on the website using a multi-city search and see what it comes out as?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.