Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Visiting companion in First while in Prestige?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / GE / APEC

Flying ICN-JFK on a 748 next month. I'm upstairs in Prestige while my travel companion is downstairs in First (while there are empty seats in F, only one was available for award space so while she took that, I took prestige and just burned some DL SkyMiles for it instead).

Does anyone have experience with how much "visiting" KE crews will let me do? Just a polite hello or will they let me sit and chat for a bit, perhaps even share a drink? This is the B748 not A380, so there is no skybar for us to congregate at.

Not looking for freebies (although I'd certainly take them if offered, haha!), I just want to maximize time on a long flight, but certainly wouldn't want to do anything that would annoy the flight crew.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
None. You cannot "visit" a higher class of service
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:36 am

Why not have your companion visit you upstairs?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / GE / APEC
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Why not have your companion visit you upstairs?
That's certainly an option!, but since downstairs is 1-1 (and mostly empty) with enclosed suites, and upstairs is 2-2, it seemed like it would be less disruptive to other passengers to do a prolonged stop and chat there <shrug>.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:36 pm

Your travel companion visiting you in the J cabin is the only way for you two to meet during the flight.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
They will have curtains and know who's in the cabin and they will stop you, unfortunately. It's not like America where you can go unnoticed haha.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 6:46 pm

i was in prestige and my sister was in first. i asked the flight attendant if i can go see whether my sister is awake or not. i was told yes but make it brief. the flight attendant told me how to get to first (which stairs to take and etc) and i was allowed to go on my own. but my sis was asleep so i only stayed a minute to leave her a note. after that, like five or six flight attendants checked on my sister every 30 minutes to see if she was awake and updated me on the 'status' of my sister. my sis slept the whole flight (pretty much) so i had flight attendants coming to me every 30 minutes for like 10 hours. it was an interesting flight.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
If you take the A380, you guys can hang out at the bar in the back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.