Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rewards booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Rewards booking

Does Korean air only allow the skypass account holder to book a ticket? I am trying to book two tickets and cant figure it out.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
Ive only book award tickets for my husband and we have different last names on all travel related programs (not sure if that makes a difference).

He had to sign up for skypass, and I added him as a family member, which took several days or a week for approval. We had to submit identification and our marriage certificate. Then I transferred my points to him, and booked our tickets together on the same itinerary.

Hope this helps...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
You can only buy a ticket for yourself or DIRECT family members (spouse, kids). You will have to prove your relationship with a marriage or birth certificate. Then, when you are linked on the account you can buy that member a ticket.

You can't buy for a friend or acquaintance. Or even your cousin.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

I just submitted the application to link our accounts.

I am looking at booking business class from SYD-JFK.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
If I just want to redeem for myself (transfer points from UR), I don't need to do anything special, right?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: United 1K
That is correct - there is no problem transferring UR points and then booking a flight for yourself.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
On this note: I now have a reservation for next summer (showing on KE website in my dashboard) that has not been ticketed (just booked/reserved). I will be transferring Chase points. Per agent's instructions, I sent the "application" for booking by email yesterday. He said to wait until I confirm that they've received it before transferring my points over and ticketing.

In the meantime, I'd like to go ahead and book a condo. But it's nonrefundable. My worry is that something will happen to my booking if it's not officially ticketed. I read on another thread that someone had to wait months to get it ticketed. KE told me it is on hold until about a week before the trip. This seems strange to me.

Just want to make sure that as long as I can see it on my KE Skypass account as a reservation, I'm good to go. I set up a family account months ago and will be transferring points for all of us to my account. Then ticketing from there.

UPDATE and further question: so they've received it but b/c I hadn't transferred the points, I don't think anything was done. Now I was told to resubmit the app and passport. Did that. I've now got the necessary Skypass points for booking the ticket. Agent tells me that they will stay on hold for 11 months, basically until a few days before the flight. This makes me so nervous. Is it typical to not be ticketed formally (and the points not be deducted) until right before flight? I'd like to get seats, etc, sooner than a week before.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Sep 1, 2016 at 4:07 pm
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: Delta, Southwest, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
On this note: I now have a reservation for next summer (showing on KE website in my dashboard) that has not been ticketed (just booked/reserved). I will be transferring Chase points. Per agent's instructions, I sent the "application" for booking by email yesterday. He said to wait until I confirm that they've received it before transferring my points over and ticketing.

In the meantime, I'd like to go ahead and book a condo. But it's nonrefundable. My worry is that something will happen to my booking if it's not officially ticketed. I read on another thread that someone had to wait months to get it ticketed. KE told me it is on hold until about a week before the trip. This seems strange to me.

Just want to make sure that as long as I can see it on my KE Skypass account as a reservation, I'm good to go. I set up a family account months ago and will be transferring points for all of us to my account. Then ticketing from there.

UPDATE and further question: so they've received it but b/c I hadn't transferred the points, I don't think anything was done. Now I was told to resubmit the app and passport. Did that. I've now got the necessary Skypass points for booking the ticket. Agent tells me that they will stay on hold for 11 months, basically until a few days before the flight. This makes me so nervous. Is it typical to not be ticketed formally (and the points not be deducted) until right before flight? I'd like to get seats, etc, sooner than a week before.
From everything I have read, this is normal and you don't need to worry. Did they give you a Delta record locator? (If not they easily can) Can you use that on Delta's website to go ahead and select your seats?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by waterandwoods
From everything I have read, this is normal and you don't need to worry. Did they give you a Delta record locator? (If not they easily can) Can you use that on Delta's website to go ahead and select your seats?
Ah! No they didn't. I'll call again and ask for that. A DL record locator will make me feel so much better. I had a moment of panic when I went on KE yesterday to check it and the site showed my rez but would not show the details. Said that I needed to call about a change. But after some research, I saw that one of the flight numbers had changed, so it was probably just that.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:04 pm

waterandwoods, BINGO. Thanks for the tip. I called and (without needing to wait for a call back) was given the DL confirmation. All checked out fine and I'm beyond thrilled. Now to rent a condo. Oomph.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.