Search

18 hour layover ICN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Mercenary
18 hour layover ICN

Hi -

Never flown KE before, but will be transiting in ICN for 18 hours between flights. Does KE provide accommodation for long connections? Flight is BOM-ICN-ATL, both legs in F.

Arrival is 1410 and departure next day at approx. 0900.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I've never been to seoul - should I check out the sights or is there enough to occupy time in the airport?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Some itineraries do qualify for an STPC, so contact KE and ask.
But is your trip an award redemption? If so, no accommodation.
Are there earlier connecting flights to and from the same destination? If so, then again, no accommodation. And a sold out flight on the earlier connection still doesn't qualify.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
There is only a morning flight to Atlanta (leaves 9a, BOM flight arrives previous day afternoon), so they will provide the hotel for a PAID ticket only. Award ticket, no matter what cabin, doesn't get anything, as the previous post mentioned. Contact the call center and they will inform you of the procedure to get the hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:23 am

Cheap economy tickets that earn 70% miles dont qualify for hotels either i think.

Found that out last time.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 1:22 pm

I booked discounted J tickets through Expedia and called KE to request accommodation on the return leg due to the length of the layover.

I received a confirmation within 24 hours confirming the approval of my request.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Korean Air.pdf (64.9 KB, 83 views)
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Mercenary
Thanks for the info -

It will be an award ticket so I'm on my own I guess. I plan on taking the train into seoul to stay the night. Can anyone recommend their favorite Korean bbq place? I'll probably be staying in/near gangnam district.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.