Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Deceptive advertising

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by John Yang
Firstly, I don't think you are aware of the infamous recent incident with Cho Hyun-a, daughter of KE CEO, Cho Yang-ho, who turned the plane around because she did not like the way the attendant served her peanuts. That is a childish act.

Secondly, I thank you for hearing me out and I hope you are entertained.

Thirdly, I paid for a specific plane which KE advertised to service. Again, I would have purchased a business class ticket at a discount from Asiana if it wasn't for A380.

Fourthly, KE website did not update equipment change on the day of the departure, even an hour before the departure when the change was made a week before. I do think it deserves the words "stupid, useless, joke." I do admit that "smelly" was tad bit pushy, but the plane was that much disappointing compared to A380.
You have to be kidding. You bought and paid for a business class seat and service. The plane is incidental. Im sure you got a business class seat, lounge access, same food, plenty of alcohol even without a bar and all the other business class perks. If they changed the plane and downgraded you to economy then you might have something to complain about.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:09 pm

The guy did not want to fly with KE, because of all the controversy related with the owner family, Cho. I guess A380 is that good.

Mrs Cho turned the plane around to the dock from the runway and she is facing 1 yr imprisonment in Korea. All the nasty things Cho family did to the employees surfaced with this incident.

I would not wanna fly with Korean Air either.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:03 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Deceptive advertising

Originally Posted by John Yang
Thirdly, I paid for a specific plane which KE advertised to service. Again, I would have purchased a business class ticket at a discount from Asiana if it wasn't for A380.
I would also have been disappointed - for sure.

But what you bought is regulated in the Conditions of Carriage.

https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/customer-support/general-conditions-of-carriage.html

" Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft, and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections. "

You were unlucky. We all are sometimes.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
I personally prefer 77W to A380. Too many biz seats on 380 for a good service IMO. Sorry to hear ops equip change, but it's very common and certainly do not justify upgrading you to first class.

Also, Asiana also has these equip changes as well(more often than KE due to lack of avail aircrafts) so such inconvenience is not limited to Korean Air.

There are other worse things that could have happened - you should be glad that KE flew you to your destination on time on same class. I encourage you to read some of the ridiculous treatments on other airlines on flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.