Search

Row 1 On KE 744 Regional?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage LG, MP, BAEC, UR
Row 1 On KE 744 Regional?

Hi,

Has anyone here had any experience traveling in row one on KE's 744's medium haul, or in this First Class cabin in general?

I'll be traveling on flight 658 from BKK-ICN and have preselected seats 1A & 1B for my wife and myself. I love being right up in the nose of the old gal, but as it's essentially four abreast seating in First Class, I'm concerned about how close seats H & J will be from a privacy standpoint. I'm considering moving us to row 3 but am concerned about galley noise and lavatory foot traffic.

Can anyone comment with their experience with this cabin?

Thank You.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 2:26 pm

How full is the flight right now?

If it will be a full flight, row 2 would probably be best. If reasonably empty, row 1 will be fine if no-one else will sit in row 1.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
How full is the flight right now?

If it will be a full flight, row 2 would probably be best. If reasonably empty, row 1 will be fine if no-one else will sit in row 1.
Thanks Stargold, right now First still looks wide open, although my flight isn't until Jan. 8th so I guess I'll need to keep an eye on the loads. Thanks for your response.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:05 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Keep in mind KE, like CX and TG (and some other carriers), have a certain knack for equipment swaps so you might find your 747 swapped out for a different equipment type before your date of departure. I have an ICN-BKK in three weeks that was just rescheduled (10 minute difference in departure time) from a 777 to 747. When I booked it was originally an A330 and was swapped to the 777.

Keep checking your itinerary to stay on top of it.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dll
Keep in mind KE, like CX and TG (and some other carriers), have a certain knack for equipment swaps so you might find your 747 swapped out for a different equipment type before your date of departure. I have an ICN-BKK in three weeks that was just rescheduled (10 minute difference in departure time) from a 777 to 747. When I booked it was originally an A330 and was swapped to the 777.

Keep checking your itinerary to stay on top of it.
Thanks dll. You are absolutely on point here. My equipment has changed a number of times already and I expect that the 747 could revert back to a 777, although as the "Queen Of The Skies" is being phased out more and more these days I'd like to get a couple of last rides in on her, so I'm actually ok with this equipment change at the moment and hope it sticks!

Have you flown in the cabin and if so any opinion as to best seats etc.?

Thanks dll.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, CO Gold
Let me know how it goes

Trident,

Let me know how the flight goes. My wife and I are booked in 1a/1b on Ke 652 in early January... Hope you have/had a great trip!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brolston
Trident,

Let me know how the flight goes. My wife and I are booked in 1a/1b on Ke 652 in early January... Hope you have/had a great trip!
Will do, assuming the equipment doesn't get changed out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.