Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

ICN Transit Tours - Recommendations / Options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

I will be flying F on KE in late December with a rather long transfer time in ICN. I arrive at ~7:20AM and don't depart until 4:10PM.

Considering the rather bleak reviews I've read of the lounge, and that this is my first time in S. Korea, I thought it'd be interesting to get a whirlwind tour of the city.

I found this site which has a few options for tours originating at the airport.

Does anyone have any recs on which tour to do given the flight times? I'm not familiar with ICN so don't know when I'd need to be back to make the flight.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:37 pm

I did one of the tours last month. There was a info booth in the terminal we arrived in. We basically just said we had this much time and weren't really interested in a shopping tour. They suggested a tour, I don't remember which one we did, and told us to preceed to arrivals where you can sign up for the tour. It was $50. They make sure you get back to the airport in time for your flight. It wasn't the greatest tour but, I thought it was worth it to get out of the airport and see a little of Seoul. We even got lunch. It made the long layover go fast. The F lounge wasn't that good and I can't imagine spending a lot of time there.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Had a long transfer in Seoul too. Took the train to the city center and the subway from there. Managed to see most of the highlights in a couple of hours. Cheap and very easy to navigate around Seoul using public transportation.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
You are in luck. I picked up the Seoul Transit Tour brochure last time through ICN and they have at least 6 different tours available. All the following info is straight from the brochure. Omi Travel offers three Seoul City tours and HanaTour ITC offers three tours as well. Omi travel seems to require at least 2 people minimum, however two of the tours from HanaTour have a minimum 1 person requirement. Prices vary from $20 up to $70, all tours are at least 5 hours. Some even include lunch (All Omi Tours and 2 of HanaTour). Best part is that it comes with a "Dedicated bus and guide included." So you are not off on your own. Tour buses leave from 8:30 - 10:00 so it looks like you will be able to make it upon arrival.

Omi Travel is located next to Exit Gate 7. HanaTour ITC is located next to Exit Gate 8.

Which one would I take? If it is just me, then I would go with HanaTour ITC, tour "Best of Seoul". Cost is $50 (USD) and takes about 5.5 hrs. I believe Omi Travel has something similar but if I can't find someone else that wants to take it, then you can't meet the minimum 2 person requirement.

Anyhow, take a look at the link I put above and see which one works for you. Enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
I realize I just posted the exact info you listed on the webpage you gave!

Anyhow, to answer your second question. If your flight leaves at 4:10pm, let's assume boarding starts at 3:40pm. You could probably arrive at the airport by 2:30 and easily make it through immigration and security. If you can get a tour that leaves either 8:30 or 9am, then that leave a comfortable 5-5.5 hrs of tour before returning by 2pm. But then if either of the tour operators decides to wait until 10am to depart, then it might be getting too close to your departure time.

Last edited by nme7; Nov 28, 2012 at 5:00 am Reason: more info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.