Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Award NRT - LAX - no flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Korean Award NRT - LAX - no flight

I am trying to book award on Korean Air from NRT to LAX. Korean award search engine is giving me this message:

There is no direct flight service on the selected itinerary. Please choose your origin / destination again.

But when I search ITA Matrix I get this flight:
Korean Air 1 Dep 2:55 PM

Does anyone knows why this flight cannot be booked as award? Or what I am doing wrong?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Could it possibly be related to the fact that KE 1 actually has two seperate flight paths. The first portion is the aforementioned LAX-NRT. The second portion is NRT-ICN. Both are tagged as Flight KE 0001. This might be throwing an error into the booking system.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
I am getting them. Both in Economy and Prestige class. I think you may be looking under the "view seat availability for bonus award" section. This has never worked for some reason. You have to go to the actual booking section to get the flights, you just cancel before purchasing.

Last edited by smith80678; Nov 12, 2012 at 9:04 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.