Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Significant increase in KE's J trips from Europe to Oceania?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

I've beeen a regular user of discounted J tickets from Europe to Australia/New Zealand with KE, typically flying from LHR, FCO or IST. Always great flights and very good fares, which I last used in November. I am to book another trip for April and was surprised to see how much cheapest J fares have increased. About 300 plus less flexible tickets than before. I wonder if KE have found that their J cabin is full enough after all (certainly didn't look all that full on my last trips to/from IST in J) or if it has something to do with booking class code changes (used to be R, then O, then Z, and now I). Has anyone noticed the same? Is the change only on Europe-Oceania tickets or is it more general?...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:40 am

Location: In between BRU, BSL , AOI and the rest of the world
Programs: BAEC Gold, LX Sen, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've beeen a regular user of discounted J tickets from Europe to Australia/New Zealand with KE, typically flying from LHR, FCO or IST. Always great flights and very good fares, which I last used in November. I am to book another trip for April and was surprised to see how much cheapest J fares have increased. About 300 plus less flexible tickets than before. I wonder if KE have found that their J cabin is full enough after all (certainly didn't look all that full on my last trips to/from IST in J) or if it has something to do with booking class code changes (used to be R, then O, then Z, and now I). Has anyone noticed the same? Is the change only on Europe-Oceania tickets or is it more general?...
Try FRA. The forthcoming start of service of the 380 shoul bring some additional capacity. I recently managed to get some pretty good fares to AKL in Y for departure in August.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by crazyit
Try FRA. The forthcoming start of service of the 380 shoul bring some additional capacity. I recently managed to get some pretty good fares to AKL in Y for departure in August.
Thanks! It sadly doesn't look cheap right now but if there are indeed some promotional fares I'd certainly jump on them without a second thought as KE's A380 looks very nice indeed!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.