Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Skyteam question

I am interested in booking a flight from ORD to MNL on Korean Air. I opened a Korean Air Skypass account for the purpose of easier site naviagtion and booking the ticket online thru them.

I am a Delta Skymiles GM and would like to earn miles for this flight with them, its a J class ticket and I beileve I can earn the 135% plus the MQM's.

My question is in order to get credit via the Skyteam Alliance for my Skymiles account, which progam number to I use when booking, my KA or Delta number?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
Use your Delta number. The miles will appear on your account statement a few days after you travel.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 2:56 am
Original Poster

SM #

Originally Posted by bescobar
Use your Delta number. The miles will appear on your account statement a few days after you travel.
So when I book on Korean Air's website, I just enter my DL SM# in the place where I would enter my Korean Air #?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by craig44485
So when I book on Korean Air's website, I just enter my DL SM# in the place where I would enter my Korean Air #?
You need to make sure it knows it's a DL number. As long as you pick Delta SkyMiles from some sort of drop down before entering the number, you should be good.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

SM of KA flight

Yeah I tried last night, I entered my SM # and it came back invalid when I tried to log in to make the reservation. Not sure how to go about this. Any sugestions, ideas, or thoughts anyone?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

sorry another question

If I book a Y class fare HKG to JFK as a SM GM what are my chances of getting an upgrade to Prestige Class? Worth the risk for $1700 or should I go J class fo $3800??
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by craig44485
If I book a Y class fare HKG to JFK as a SM GM what are my chances of getting an upgrade to Prestige Class? Worth the risk for $1700 or should I go J class fo $3800??

ICN-HKG maybe. ICN-JFK your chance converges to 0. BTW, Korean Air's IATA code is KE, not KA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.