Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Airlines Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Korean Airlines Business Class?

We'll be flying from Seattle to Hanoi via Seoul-Incheon in a couple of weeks on KE and I'm seeking information from recent travelers who used them for similar trans-Pacific trips.
How was your business class experience with Korean, including but not limited to the lounges, service and entertainment onboard (did they have noise canceling headphones?), on-time arrival, and ease of international transfer in Korea.
If you experienced a significant layover in Seoul (say 12 hours), did the airline offer to put you up in a nearby hotel for those hours?
Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:36 pm
Suspended

You may want to check it out in the korean air forum in the airlines program section. I havent flown J on KE in a while but ICN is a great airport to transit in, very easy just follow the signs. KE does have AVOD ( audio video on demand ) in all classess. I believe the aircraft used will be a 777.

Normally the airlines wont put you in a hotel unless their is some reason why they screwed up however the "air garden hotel" is inside the security area. If you have a loyaover but dont want to leave thats the place for you. Rooms are a bit small but the price is right.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 2:47 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Definitely post in KE forum. Not sure about KE but OZ gives C/J travelers a room at the hotel if you have a long layover. If it's long enough I believe you can also arrange a day tour of Seoul.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 9:06 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue to follow this thread in the Korean Air forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by vicnric
We'll be flying from Seattle to Hanoi via Seoul-Incheon in a couple of weeks on KE and I'm seeking information from recent travelers who used them for similar trans-Pacific trips.
How was your business class experience with Korean, including but not limited to the lounges, service and entertainment onboard (did they have noise canceling headphones?), on-time arrival, and ease of international transfer in Korea.
If you experienced a significant layover in Seoul (say 12 hours), did the airline offer to put you up in a nearby hotel for those hours?
Thanks for your help.
It's been a few years, however I used to be a regular on KAL to/from the US and Seoul. J is not too shabby. It's not in the same realm as BA, but overall the product is good.

ICN is a simple airport to navigate/transit. The KAL lounge is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.