Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean-Japanese Co-Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2002, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Korean-Japanese Co-Ticket

I'm looking at http://www.korail.go.kr/eng/html/sch...02_body02.html -- a combination ticket for a train from Seoul to Busan, a ferry to Shimonoseki in Japan, and JR within Japan, all for a week from first usage. Prices seem quite reasonable.

Does anyone have experience with this? I have questions beyond what the korail site answers --

* Does this provide unlimited JR within Japan, subject only to getting to the final destination within the one week time period? Perhaps subject to some other restriction (can't go beyond the specified final destinatino)? Or does it limit me to stops only in Seoul, Busan, Shimonoseki, and the specified final destination in Japan, but no other intervening stops in Japan? I'd like to try to go further south in Japan -- Kagoshima, etc. -- before ending up at Tokyo / NRT, and can't figure out if hte 292,900 won ticket would allow this.

* Any experience with this Buguan ferry? I had also been looking at a ferry directly to Fukuoka, and a high-speed hydrofoil ferry. Not yet sure about all this...

I do have some experience making my way around Japan -- did fine with a JR Pass last year, going NRT-Kyoto-Hiroshima-Tokyo-NRT. But this looks to be a measure more complicated still. Guidance much appreciated!
Old Nov 25, 2002, 5:23 pm

I plan to do it in March 2003. I read about it on the Korean railway web site, and it is a very reasonable good deal. When are you going? Maybe you can give us a trip report... if not, I will give you mine after March 2003!
Old Nov 25, 2002, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

I plan to do it in March-April 2003 also.

Do you know any more about the stopover possibilities in Japan? How can we find out?
Old Nov 28, 2002, 5:17 pm

http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/beetle/eng...pass/main.html

By reading this page from the Jetfoil boat company, I think the Korean-Jpn co-ticket is NOT a pass. You must buy this Kyushu Rail Pass in order to get unlimited rides.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.