Samsung d'light

Old Oct 14, 19, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Samsung d'light

My girlfriend and I have a 23 hour layover in Seoul this coming Friday. We'd like to visit the Samsung d'light store while we are there and purchase/upgrade her to a new Galaxy Note 10+ phone. I've browsed through the website to see if we can pre-order one before we arrive but it doesn't seem like there is an order section for us to do this. Is it possible to reserve a phone in advance or is this not at all necessary? Also, according to the site, it looks like foreigners can get some sort of tax-free rebate. Anyone have any experience with this? Would I need to retain a copy of the receipt and then submit it for a tax refund at the airport? (We are flying out of GMP the next day)

Thanks all for the advice.

Voldoo
Old Oct 15, 19, 2:34 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club, JL Mileage Bank
You don't need to pre-reserve anything honestly EXCEPT a time to visit D'Light for a guided English tour. I just checked the Korean page and all it says is "Shop on B1F, tax free service available for foreigners." No area or section to do any kind of purchase pre-reserve. For tax free - just take your passport and say "tax free" at check out and they'll handle it all. If you really want to read the official rules for tax free procedure it's here: https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SHP/SH_ENG_1_1.jsp . As you're spending over 300,000W - it presumably will be one of the delayed refund options you see there (depends on which service the D'Light store uses)

Search this Thread