Wiki Posts
Search

JSA Visit 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
JSA Visit 2019

Anyone have updates on if JSA tours are actually happening at the moment?

Will be going to Seoul in November and the last two times I signed up for a JSA tour, it was canceled morning of. I have heard agencies intentionally book tours even though they know it will be canceled prior in hopes of forcing people to accept the DMZ tour instead.

Would love some advice on how best to proceed or an honest agency to book the tour with.

Thanks
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
This happens all the time by all the companies. They all operate at the direction of the forces in charge there. The forces can close the JSA on a whim for any kind of "training exercise" no matter how big or small. That's why it seems they just cancel them recklessly. They book them but they're never guaranteed. It's just how it works. If they do close it, you do get a refund. You don't have to take another tour.

Koridoor is considered the best - they're actually the "official" USO operator. Cosmojin is also popular.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:16 pm

As mikesaideyes says tours can be cancelled at any time for any reason by the authorities, including the day of. For the JSA you just have to take your chances and hope that nothing happens.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: None anymore
It was still going on and my parents were able to go in May, but the tours the day before and after theirs were canceled.

So it's really luck of the draw.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.