Wiki Posts
Search

Saturday morning in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Saturday morning in Seoul

I have an afternoon (4pm) flight from ICN in early June on a Saturday. Work obligations end evening before, so I'm looking for ideas on how to spend my morning (figuring leave for airport around 1pm). Any suggestions on how to spend the morning sightseeing? I think the area I'll be in is called Jongno-gu (it's Four Seasons Hotel).

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2018, 4:15 pm

There is increased airport security for pax traveling to the USA so you have to figure in a longer checkin time.

Inside the airport, there is a cultural center which lets you make a korean traditional item which is quite nice.
Highly suggest that if you are into such stuff.
Takes about 15 to 30 mins depending on what u make.

There are two palaces nearby the hotel I think.
Gyeongbokgung and Deoksugung.
Gyeongbokgung is the larger palace and worth walking through.
There is also a nice walking trail along a stream called Cheonggyecheon which is a nice walk too.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Four Season is right in the middle of Seoul, so all the major tourist sites are nearby. With Google as your guide, pick things that are close together. For instance, I'd say: Gwanghwamun, Gyeongbokgung and then exit east into Samcheon-dong and the Bukchon Hanok Village. In the Samcheon-dong area are lots of places to eat snacks/lunch stuff so you won't go hungry.

Then you can go south into Insadong and then take Line 1 from Jongno 3-Ga Station to Seoul Station for AREX train OR you can catch the Airport Limo bus on Jongno Road easily.
drewguy likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Maybe one block west of the Four Seasons is Gyeonghuigung, the Palace of Serene Harmony. Also located there is the Seoul Museum of History. Palace is open from 9am. It would be a short 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Having said that, I still think the Changing of the Guard Ceremony at Gyeongbokgung Palace is pretty cool. The major one starts at 10am. Best part is that it is free!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.