Wiki Posts
Search

KE or OZ in F?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
KE or OZ in F?

I'm heading to Seoul for the first time from the west coast of North America. I have an opportunity to fly F with OZ from LAX on the A388 or with KE from YVR on the 748.

Mileage accrual is not a consideration and as I live in Denver, getting to LAX or YVR is about the same.

Anyone have experiences or preferences to share?

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
I have not personally flown either, but the general consensus is that the KE 748 F seat is perhaps the best seat out there. I don't think the Asiana seat is bad per se as their A388 is a newer one within the past 2-3 years.

Also, from my experience, KE has a more consistent on board product. Even if they swap planes, you shouldn't be too surprised by the new one. Whereas say, Asiana, if they swap suddenly (which they might of A388 is out of service) you could go to an old 747 with a much more inferior seat.

I do think Asiana has better service and catering...again, from a Y perspective. I know that others say the whole point of F is better service.

In the end, I would probably go KE because of the seat. Caterimg differences in F would be minor. And it's not like either are going to give you bad service or be rude, especially compared to America.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Thanks for this; it's very helpful. Yes, I must say the spacious layout of the 748 is rather unique - only 6 seats which seems nicer than the LH layout which I've done. I've not managed to fly an A388 yet, so that may be the plus there if I'm feeling adventurous.
Old May 26, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: most of them
I flew KE F on the 777 a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. Service was excellent and the suite was very comfortable. IFE selection not the greatest though.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: LH&BA
Prefer Korean Air over Asiana - they are ahead in terms of product and professionalism - especially crew.
Flew OZ and KE in Business only but could see F and always impressed about KE and disappointed about Asiana J product.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Already under discussion in KE forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/korea...oz-f-cx-f.html
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:13 am

Well, if you like nuts there is the obvious choice ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.