Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul Station Check In

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Seoul Station Check In

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how are the check-in procedures like if I were to opt for checking-in at Seoul Station City Terminal? Would I still be able to board a commuters' train (instead of express only)? Would I still be able to walk around at the pre-security departures area at Incheon Airport?

Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Detailed step by step information here: http://asiaenglish.visitkorea.or.kr/...K_EN_2_2_4.jsp

You cannot use the all stop train. You have to use the express. Don't worry, it's only 4,000W more for the express, so not too expensive.

Yes, you can walk around pre-security. Honestly, with two hours, there's not much to do except eat at a restaurant. There's more shopping and stuff (like cultural experiences) to see/do inside.

The website says "proceed directly to the special security area," which just means "you don't have to go to an airline counter. The special security area is also the flight crew/diplomat line.

Even more important.... you can use check in at Seoul Station ONLY if you are flying Korean Air, Jeju Air or Asiana. AND you must check in three hours before your flight at the latest.

If you're staying in Gangnam, I'd suggest City Air Terminal if you want to try the system. They also accept MANY more airlines. Like essentially every one.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply! I just thought that perhaps our group could make our own arrangements after checking in our luggages at Seoul Station cos we might be visiting places on the way to Incheon Airport. Looks like if we were to check in at Seoul Station, our plans will not be feasible then?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:32 pm

You have to tell them what time you're going to take the train. In theory, you can take one within an hour after you check in, but that's honestly not enough time to go explore anywhere else.

What time is your flight? Where do you want to visit before you go to Incheon Airport?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 11:37 pm

Also, I think you could check in very early, honestly. And then explore. Just choose a train that will arrive at the airport around an hour or hour and a few minutes before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.