Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6-hour layover at ICN starting at 4:00 am

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

6-hour layover at ICN starting at 4:00 am

First of all, I have seen (and read) this but I don't want to bump an old thread.

I'll have a 6-hour layover at ICN in August. The problem is not as much the duration of the layover as it is the time: arrival at 4:00 am (OZ 235) and departure at 10:20 am (TG 629).

Although I'll be travelling in C, if I'm reading this timetable correctly the lounge does not open until 6:00 am. Same goes for the airport spa.

Any recommendations? I'd love to have a proper shower during that time. Should I wait for the lounge to open or go elsewhere? (Going landside would not be a problem visawise.)

If there is really not a lot I can do, what would the best area for plane spotting be? (Sunrise in Seoul should be at around 5:45 am.)

Thanks!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
First of all, I have seen (and read) this but I don't want to bump an old thread.

I'll have a 6-hour layover at ICN in August. The problem is not as much the duration of the layover as it is the time: arrival at 4:00 am (OZ 235) and departure at 10:20 am (TG 629).

Although I'll be travelling in C, if I'm reading this timetable correctly the lounge does not open until 6:00 am. Same goes for the airport spa.

Any recommendations? I'd love to have a proper shower during that time. Should I wait for the lounge to open or go elsewhere? (Going landside would not be a problem visawise.)

If there is really not a lot I can do, what would the best area for plane spotting be? (Sunrise in Seoul should be at around 5:45 am.)

Thanks!
You'll arrive in the main terminal and need to take the train over to Concourse for your TG flight. The OZ lounge in the main terminal is larger and I think might open earlier. By the time you get off the plan and through security it will be close to 5am, and I'm pretty sure the lounge would be open by then.

No decent plane spotting locations inside the terminal, the best is actually probably the windows in the lounge! Don't try to clear immigration as it will take about an hour each direction as they have been really backed up lately.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SirJman
You'll arrive in the main terminal and need to take the train over to Concourse for your TG flight. The OZ lounge in the main terminal is larger and I think might open earlier. By the time you get off the plan and through security it will be close to 5am, and I'm pretty sure the lounge would be open by then.
Great! Do you think the showers at the lounge (how many showers are there?) will be busy at this time in the morning?

No decent plane spotting locations inside the terminal
That's a shame. Hope the lounge windows are clean.

Don't try to clear immigration as it will take about an hour each direction as they have been really backed up lately.
Roger.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:25 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Just recently, Incheon airport opened up a maglev line from the airport to a few places just nearby the airport. Right now it is free. You will see some interesting views of the airport and can see planes approaching (or departing depending on the wind). There are only 6 stops. I would give yourself an hour for a complete trip. It operates from 9 to 5 I believe. The maglev station is located above the skating ring. Its the other silver looking structure across the road. Anyhow, if you arrive and see the immigration line is moving quickly, then perhaps this might be an option.

Nevermind: I just reread your post. If you are leaving at 10:30, I would not try this. Inside the Asiana business lounge, you may be able to see some aircrafts as they are parked at the gates. No decent views of the runways however.
Old May 9, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by nme7
Inside the Asiana business lounge, you may be able to see some aircrafts as they are parked at the gates. No decent views of the runways however.
Which Asiana BC Lounge has the "dungeon" feel to it, with no windows to speak of? Main Terminal where OZ flies out of, or in the Satellite Terminal (gates 95+)?

For future travel references of course.^

TIA,

LFC
Old May 9, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
The Asiana lounge in the Concourse terminal has no windows. The lounge in the main terminal is not so dark, it does have windows with views of various aircrafts parked at the gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.