Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One night stay recoomendation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:02 am
Original Poster

One night stay recoomendation

Flying in to ICN for work. Stay at one of airport hotels, stay in Incheon, or go to Seoul?Thinking about ease of transport? And options near hotel in walking distance and best experience/sights?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 2:18 pm

I'd probably want to head into Seoul and stay the night there. It's pretty easy getting into town using the A'REX train.
My favourite experiences are just wandering the lively areas of Seoul like the markets, shopping districts, and nightlife areas (if the weather is nice).
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA CK Hilton Diamond
The Hyatt at ICN is relaxing but not much to see and do although the maglev train into Incheon is supposed to be running now.

The Arex is simple and will take you to Seoul Station. The Milinium Hilton or the Lotte are short taxi rides and are easy walks to many restaurants and markets.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's very frequent airport bus service to/from the Westin Chosun, which is also extremely well located. IIRC there are a bunch of new Starwoods in Seoul, including one (aloft?) right at the train station.

OP says one night, but doesn't give details regarding whether there are business meetings (in Seoul), for example, the next day, or just another flight. If one isn't going to be able to spend time enjoying Seoul or has obligations the next morning (after a long flight the day of arrival), I'd pick the Grand Hyatt at ICN, but I've been to Seoul about a half dozen times so that it wouldn't be my one and only time to see the place.

Seoul can have bad traffic jams. It makes sense to pick a hotel that's well located for one's obligations the next day.

If the new maglev train is really operating to Incheon Village, that makes a lot of additional "airport" hotels into sensible choices, with some low key options for seeing a bit of Korea without going downtown. Otherwise, almost all of the "airport hotels" other than the Hyatt are a long ride from the airport. [It was so bad that it could be faster to go downtown.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.