Wiki Posts
Search

Boingo Wifi in Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Boingo Wifi in Seoul

I was in Seoul over the weekend and I couldn't get Boingo to work.

When I tried to sign up with multiple providers using Boingo it kicks me back to the start screen. No error message no nothing.

What procedure needs to be done so I could use wifi around Seoul?

Boingo shows full map covered.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:36 am

Im actually having this same issue as well. Im currently in Seoul. This is the first time in all the years that I've had boingo that I've ever had an issue using my boingo acct with olleh or t wifi here in korea. I'm really frustrated...Im contacting Boingo CS but if anyone has any solutions please let me know!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Yes literally every provider.

I was all over seoul from Walkerhill to Gangnam to Chosun to Incheon to Lotte.

Every fricking provider did not work! Very frustrating.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:34 am

Checking in as well. Stayed in Seoul the entire time in Dec. My Android phone NEVER could connect using the Boingo app in my entire time there. My wife's iPhone connected once, then never again. Very disappointed in the service... I won't really care if Amex drops this as a perk.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:41 am

Boingo App?

Are you using the Boingo App or are you using the Boingo Passpoint Secure Profile? The App is garbage....I'm curious because I will be there in a couple months for 2 weeks
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:07 am

I used the Boingo App on my phone since I was on Android (not on v6.0). COMPLETE garbage.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DAJAGMAN
Are you using the Boingo App or are you using the Boingo Passpoint Secure Profile? The App is garbage....I'm curious because I will be there in a couple months for 2 weeks
App on the phone. Boingo through the web also is an fail.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:12 am

For my 10 day trip and suffering without Boingo working properly, on day 9 I managed to find a perfect solution to this problem!

Simply connect to the secured (WPA2) "ollehWiFI" SSID - it will prompt for your username and password, which you just input as:

[email protected]
yourpassword

Voila!

I suspect it will also work for the "T wifi zone_secure" but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like I did do that but it failed? Hmmmm
Old May 12, 2016, 3:40 pm

I had it work in Seoul also. Same process. App is garbage but was able to use the website to log into Olleh Wifi using my Boingo credentials. I was not able to use it on T wifi zone. I only tried it once though. I was able to get to the roaming partners page but my credentials were not working. I had a cell phone plan with data so I really didn't try logging into the T wifi zone too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.