Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Landing in ICN... Can I use a lounge AFTER my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

My wife and I are flying from Vancouver -> ICN on Air Canada with some friends and are arriving about 4-5 hours ahead of the rest of the group. We both are members of Priority Pass, Lounge Club, & United Club. Is there a way for us to visit a lounge for a few hours after we get off the plane or will we be ushered directly through customs and out of the terminal? (I assume there is no way for us to get back into the terminal for a few hours and visit the lounges after going through customs.)

Has anyone experienced this or have any tips? Thanks!!

-flyernoob
Old May 29, 2015, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by benlt1000
My wife and I are flying from Vancouver -> ICN on Air Canada with some friends and are arriving about 4-5 hours ahead of the rest of the group. We both are members of Priority Pass, Lounge Club, & United Club. Is there a way for us to visit a lounge for a few hours after we get off the plane or will we be ushered directly through customs and out of the terminal? (I assume there is no way for us to get back into the terminal for a few hours and visit the lounges after going through customs.)

Has anyone experienced this or have any tips? Thanks!!

-flyernoob
You would need a connecting flight and/or boarding pass to get to the restricted area for lounges. You could go eat, hang out at Grand Hyatt Incheon or store your bags and watch a movie at CGV at the airport.

Try and see if your passes will work here. Seems to be outside the restricted area. https://www.airport.kr/airport/facility/efalicityInfo.iia?carId=42
Old May 31, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
If a shower is what you're after, also check out the Korean sauna in the basement of the airport. You'd also be jumping right into something very Korean haha.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
There is no arrival lounge at ICN. But as mikesaidyes mentioned, the sauna down on B1 level, Spa on Air, is an excellent way to shower and relax before heading out. It is not free but well worth the money after a long flight.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At one point, the spa at the Grand Hyatt at ICN was being used as an arrivals lounge for some airline, IIRC either KE or DL. Ask your carrier if you have high status or are confirmed in a premium cabin. Also ask the GH what they would charge. There's a free shuttle bus about every fifteen minutes.

IME this is your only hope. I asked the same question in April and tried to check the possibilities, including PP, but there was no lounge I could access at the airport.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Isn't there a way to go into transit after arriving from an international flight and be airside? I think I have done that flying on two different airlines, while connecting at ICN. I didn't have a BP for my connecting flight yet because I had to stop by the transfer desk.

I heard there are free or paid showers airside separate from KE and OZ lounges.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
There are free showers airside, but the ONLY way to access them is by transiting. You won't be able to get past the transit security area without a boarding pass. In other words, you can't play dumb and get to them.

If a shower is that important, seriously, your only option inside the airport is the Spa on Air B1, if you're arriving and staying in Korea. The Grand Hyatt "arrivals lounge" is also kind of a misnomer. You have to go the hotel by shuttle, get there, and use their spa facilities. And it is/was only for KE Business/First passengers. In fact, you could just get going into Seoul.

For example, land at 5, get out of the airport by 6, get to the sauna by 6:30, Shower and freshen up (30 mintes), go back to the airport 7:15, bus or subway 8:30 arrival to Seoul. That's a conservative estimate.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
There are free showers airside, but the ONLY way to access them is by transiting. You won't be able to get past the transit security area without a boarding pass. In other words, you can't play dumb and get to them.

If a shower is that important, seriously, your only option inside the airport is the Spa on Air B1, if you're arriving and staying in Korea. The Grand Hyatt "arrivals lounge" is also kind of a misnomer. You have to go the hotel by shuttle, get there, and use their spa facilities. And it is/was only for KE Business/First passengers. In fact, you could just get going into Seoul.

For example, land at 5, get out of the airport by 6, get to the sauna by 6:30, Shower and freshen up (30 mintes), go back to the airport 7:15, bus or subway 8:30 arrival to Seoul. That's a conservative estimate.
If your flight is arriving early in the morning and you won't have access to your hotel room, taking the shuttle to use the spa at the Grand Hyatt ICN can make sense. The hotel's own (free) shuttle operates about every fifteen minutes. [There's also a free public shuttle that stops near a side entrance to the hotel.]
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
or store your bags and watch a movie at CGV at the airport.
Where is the storage facilities at the airport. I have a long layover and want to take a tour between connections.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are the storage centers in the public area of the Passenger Terminal (on the 3rd & 1st floor). Rate: approx. $5 - $9 per day. Hours: 0600-2200
Locations:
Arrivals - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 1F, near Exit F/3F.
Arrivals - Hanjin Express - Level 1F, near Exit A.
Departures - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 3F, near Check-in M.
Departures - Hanjin Express - Level 3F, near Check-in A.

It was listed on this website. I have used the Hanjin Express on the departure level before.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by nme7
Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are the storage centers in the public area of the Passenger Terminal (on the 3rd & 1st floor). Rate: approx. $5 - $9 per day. Hours: 0600-2200
Locations:
Arrivals - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 1F, near Exit F/3F.
Arrivals - Hanjin Express - Level 1F, near Exit A.
Departures - Korean Express Parcel Service - Level 3F, near Check-in M.
Departures - Hanjin Express - Level 3F, near Check-in A.

It was listed on this website. I have used the Hanjin Express on the departure level before.
Thanks. Its a good option. I also understand that I can take the luggage with me on the tour, I only have carry-on.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:02 pm

I'm flying into SIN - ICN in SQ J class, then GMP - CJU in OZ Y class. Both are under the same ticket (just that SQ said they couldn't find J class in OZ).

Is there any arrival lounge I can use in ICN to shower? Or any lounge I can use in GMP?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:35 am

AFAIK there aren't any arrivals lounges at ICN, although you might be able to use a PP lounge after the flight if the security setup doesn't prevent you from getting to the door. Similarly, I'm not aware of showers in any lounge at ICN, but I haven't checked since the new terminal was opened.

KE used to send some passengers (elites in business class and IFC?) to the spa/health club (at the indoor pool in the old tower) of the Grand Hyatt ICN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.