Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

MeongDong Eating Suggestions & meet & greet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeongDong Eating Suggestions & meet & greet?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Yes, Gwangjang, obviously.
You should probably correct your post then.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
The Namsan side, next to the the Prince and Pacific Hotels is changing rather rapidly, and not necessarily for the better.

Several of the small, excellent family run restaurants have disappeared and are being replaced by fast food and coffeeshop chains. I guess this is partly due to the boom in guesthouses there, backpackers value their Starbucks more than authentic Korean cuisine.

However, some good newish restaurants around the Lotte Castle residential complex and Woori Bank HQ, targeting both locals and tourists. I also find the Sejong Hotel end of Myeong-dong has both some old stalwarts and newcomers worth visiting.
Old May 15, 2015, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Also, if you go to the basement of the Lotte Department Store in Myeongdong, you'll find some GREAT snacks. It's a good activity to do in Korea and Japan. Department store food...mmmmmh.

Originally Posted by skchin
Bonjuk is a chain, it's like going to five guys burger in the US. It's good but Myeongdong has so much more to offer.
Tried both of these places for some quick snacks and eats in Myeongdong. I found them to be hearty and delicious. I also like my FIVE Guys Burgers as well.

I will find more time to be more adventurous next year same time. Both were yummy, "fast food chains" or not.^

Thanks for the tips fellows. See you next year on this same thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.