Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

AA same day turn: Access to Swatch store during layover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass

Hello. I will be taking a MR in Sept from DFW to ICN. I would like to visit the Swatch store during my layover (turnaround on same plane back to DFW). I understand that the AA flight will arrive at the Concourse gates. The Swatch store is located at the Passenger Terminal. Would it be possible to visit the Passenger terminal during my layover? If so, can someone explain the process? Thank you.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Yes, you would take the train to the main concourse, go through transit security, and then after you are finished shopping take the train back. It's important to take the train first, because if you clear transit security in the satellite concourse, it's not possible to get to the main terminal. If transit security is backed up, it is sometimes faster to enter the country and then go right back through immigration. That said, ICN is usually a very efficient airport for transit.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by naswi
Hello. I will be taking a MR in Sept from DFW to ICN. I would like to visit the Swatch store during my layover (turnaround on same plane back to DFW). I understand that the AA flight will arrive at the Concourse gates. The Swatch store is located at the Passenger Terminal. Would it be possible to visit the Passenger terminal during my layover? If so, can someone explain the process? Thank you.
Curious, is it cost effective to do a MR to asia? Would have thought it'd be cheaper to do two domestics.

Also I was at ICN 2 months ago I thought I saw the swatch store inside security pretty close to the aa gate. Not 100% sure though.

Last edited by riastradh; Aug 30, 2014 at 9:12 pm
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As this question is more about getting around ICN than it is about AA, I'll go ahead and move it to the Korea forum

I've also updated the thread title as the previous title was unclear. Please note that FlyerTalk Rules require descriptive thread titles.

Good luck!

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by riastradh
Curious, is it cost effective to do a MR to asia? Would have thought it'd be cheaper to do two domestics.

Also I was at ICN 2 months ago I thought I saw the swatch store inside security pretty close to the aa gate. Not 100% sure though.
I just booked a DCA-ICN trip to help with my requal for EXP. Got it for $800~ before using a $300 voucher. Doing a quick-turn in Nov- assuming its fairly easy to do the transit. Have flown out of ICN many times, but never have transited the airport.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
So it sounds like it is possible to do a same-day turn at ICN without clearing immigration (just go through transit security instead). It that the case?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by brewdog11
So it sounds like it is possible to do a same-day turn at ICN without clearing immigration (just go through transit security instead). It that the case?
Sure is. Just have your return BPs or a copy of the itin to show transit security. They wouldn't let me through without it. Went straight to the AA gate and the GA printed my BPs and gave me an OZ F lounge invite.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Bumping this thread. The DFW-ICN-DFW same day turn is appealing but the time between flights is 2 hours as long as the inbound is not delayed. Thoughts on making this connection on a SDT?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BUR Regular
Bumping this thread. The DFW-ICN-DFW same day turn is appealing but the time between flights is 2 hours as long as the inbound is not delayed. Thoughts on making this connection on a SDT?
I had enough time for a shower, light lunch, and email check at the OZ F lounge on my SDT at ICN. You should be fine.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I had enough time for a shower, light lunch, and email check at the OZ F lounge on my SDT at ICN. You should be fine.
Thank you for the update. I'm doing a same-day transit here, so this is nice to know. I hear the OZ F lounge has some Blue Label, which I am looking forward to myself...
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
the OZ F lounge has some Blue Label
Correct! Also, the mushroom soup is quite good. There is also Hagen-Daz snacks and sushi. But, if you want to polish your shoes, the machine is at the entrance to the Business Lounge. BTW, the Cathy Pacific Lounge at ICN also has Blue Label.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Sure is. Just have your return BPs or a copy of the itin to show transit security. They wouldn't let me through without it. Went straight to the AA gate and the GA printed my BPs and gave me an OZ F lounge invite.
Just checking if this aspect of the above posts is still correct. They're almost 2 years old at this point and was looking for insight. Thank you
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:34 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
This is still correct. Just need your itinerary to get through transit security. Then you can go to the AA gate to get your BP as they don't have a transfer desk. If you're in transit, you can go to the Main terminal and shop. BUT if you go to the other terminal by train (where your gate is), you CANNOT go back to the main terminal. That's why I recommend staying in the Main Terminal for shopping, shower, etc. until right before boarding time. The terminal were AA departs doesn't have much as far as shopping or even cultural activities to pass the time. Or many restaurants either.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:43 pm

I did a SDT on AA from DFW to INC to DFW today. We came into gate 123 and I did not take a train at all. Disembarking, turn right from the gate, walk past the first moving sidewalk, and look for the burgundy "transfer" gate 100-150 sign to the left. Go through transport security, where you will need BOTH your arriving and departing BPs. Go up the escalator, and the Korean Air lounge is to the left upstairs from gate 115 (with very nice shower rooms). From there it's a short walk back to gate 123 for departure. This was my first international MR and it was very smooth.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 9:35 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Sometimes, depending on time of day, the satellite transit terminal is not open and they full everyone through the main terminal. Glad to hear it was easy for you! That's the beauty of Incheon. Sometimes they may have a lot of people (hello, Asia), but it's well designed and generally extremely efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.