Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, UA MP
ICN Airport

Making my first trip to ROK next month. Flying UA from IAD to SFO to ICN. How is the transportation from ICN to Seoul? Staying at Lotte Hotel in Seoul and I heard that bus service is excellent.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott Gold
There are several buses that run throughout the day from ICN to Seoul. They call them limousines there for some reason. Your best way to get information is to check the following link: http://www.airport.kr/airport/traffi...ist.iia?flag=E

The buses are very clean, and generally run between $15 and $20 if my memory is correct.

Joel
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:12 am
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
I second what JBHorner said. The bus is very easy. After you leave customs, head over to one of the information counters in the arrivals area and tell them your hotel destination. They will refer you to the bus counter to purchase your ticket, and the bus stops are clearly marked outside the terminal.

Double check to confirm, but I'd imagine your hotel is a stop on one of the many routes, so it's practically door-to-door service.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, UA MP
ICN

Thank you both, this confirms what I have heard. Apparently Korea has better transport than many USA airports!!!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Kayaker and LVF, OZ Carbonesque
Just to clarify, are you going to the Lotte Seoul in downtown, and not Lotte World? If so, I took the same bus a few months ago. You will take KAL limousine bus 6701, which stops at a few major hotels near City Hall, including Lotte. It was 15000 won, or about $15 one way. The bus is a "deluxe" bus, with the nicest seats I've ever encountered on a bus. It reminded me of domestic first class. Each row has three seats, two on one side, and one on the other.

The bus is almost, but not quite, door-to-door for the Lotte Seoul, as the bus stop is on the street. You will need to walk perhaps 100 feet, mainly under a covered walkway, to reach the hotel lobby. The hotel and location were great.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 6:44 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by annezbillb
Thank you both, this confirms what I have heard. Apparently Korea has better transport than many USA airports!!!
The southern one, anyway.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:25 pm

Very timely! ^

I will be staying at the Grand Intercontinental (521 TEHERAN-RO) and looks like I should take #6704.

The "limousine" web page shows:

Departure Point: Incheon Airport (Bus Stop #4B)
Arrival Point: Grand Intercontinental

But it's not clear to me if it stops in front of the hotel?

Last edited by malgudi; Mar 17, 2014 at 5:34 pm
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
The website says "Boarding_In front of the hotel lobby". If it doesn't take you straight to the front of the hotel, it is usually just a few steps from it. Don't forget, they also have free small water "bottles" available inside. You just need to get it from the cooler near the door. I say "bottles" because it isn't actually a bottle, but rather a sealed plastic cup. Just enough for a small drink. After a long flight, it is nice to have a sip and relax on the 45+ minute journey into town.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:48 pm

Thanks! Looks like I missed that

Originally Posted by nme7
The website says "Boarding_In front of the hotel lobby". If it doesn't take you straight to the front of the hotel, it is usually just a few steps from it. Don't forget, they also have free small water "bottles" available inside. You just need to get it from the cooler near the door. I say "bottles" because it isn't actually a bottle, but rather a sealed plastic cup. Just enough for a small drink. After a long flight, it is nice to have a sip and relax on the 45+ minute journey into town.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
Very timely! ^

I will be staying at the Grand Intercontinental (521 TEHERAN-RO) and looks like I should take #6704.

The "limousine" web page shows:

Departure Point: Incheon Airport (Bus Stop #4B)
Arrival Point: Grand Intercontinental

But it's not clear to me if it stops in front of the hotel?
Was on this exact bus last year (going to PH seoul-just across the street from the grand IC). Since it was my first time going to this hotel, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find my hotel but it was a smooth ride & easy as pie to see and get to the hotel. You should have no problems ^

I only wish we had something like this from LAX-OC area in SoCal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.