Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International Transfers via Seoul Incheon International Airport - Anyone done it?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I am going to BKK transit via ICN and do they still need a negative PCR test even to transit ICN?
No.

No covid test required for transit at ICN. They may ask for your Thailand Pass (if it is still required) when you check in at the beginning of your trip.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: ANA, JAL
I've got an 1 hour international transfer OZ to OZ (KIX-ICN-LAX) coming up in August. ICN website says 50 min for OZ-->OZ transfer and my ticket hasn't changed so I guess it's OK. However, we also have an in cabin cat to get through security. Additionally, my daughter will want to do a quick rush into a connivence store to grab some Korean snacks too.

Anyone done an OZ-->OZ transfer this tight? If so you have any recommendations?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:17 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I had an OZ HNL-INC to INC-ALA connection in 2019 with an hour+ allotted transfer time. But my HNL-INC flight was slightly delayed giving me only a 45 minute cushion.

If there's a convenience store near your departure gate you could be OK. INC is a big airport so checking out more than on shop will leave you time pressed.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, AA PPro
Does anybody know the current process for transiting in ICN with baggage on 2 separate tickets. Long layover so no issue there. I assume immigration and customs will need to to go through because must claim and recheck baggage, but can we stay inside security? Is there a recheck desk like we have here in the US at all major airports. I will be going from Korean/Jin to American. Both Terminal 1.

Last edited by AAChris; Aug 1, 2022 at 1:27 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Originally Posted by AAChris
Does anybody know the current process for transiting in ICN with baggage on 2 separate tickets. Long layover so no issue there. I assume immigration and customs will need to to go through because must claim and recheck baggage, but can we stay inside security? Is there a recheck desk like we have here in the US at all major airports. I will be going from Korean/Jin to American. Both Terminal 1.
Very important to know if you're actually going from KOREAN operated flight or Jin operated flight. Korean should transfer bags automatically to the other full service airlines regardless of alliance (according to the transfer section of their website), but Jin is an LCC so you need to confirm with them.

ICN does not work like American airports. You either 1) transfer yourself following signs and stay airside. There is a transfer desk where you can get next flight boarding pass (if the airline operates a presence there), check bags made it etc. You never touch your bags. 2) You TOTALLY enter Korea, TOTALLY collect your own bags, then go up to main check in counters and check in again with said bags.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:52 am

My son is traveling JIN-AA, hoping he can do transfer. They are 2 separate tickets, he will already have AA boarding pass he can print at home. I am just hoping to keep him airside so he doesn't have to exit and re enter. He has 8+ hours so not worried about transit time. It seems like it is a very efficient process. I am just curious how he gets his bags since he can't interline because he is on 2 itineraries.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:57 am

My son is traveling JIN-AA, hoping he can do transfer. They are 2 separate tickets, he will already have AA boarding pass he can print at home. I am just hoping to keep him airside so he doesn't have to exit and re enter. He has 8+ hours so not worried about transit time. It seems like it is a very efficient process. I am just curious how he gets his bags since he can't interline because he is on 2 itineraries.
Then he MUST Get his bags. MUST enter Korea. If they don't interline, that is. Which means entering, Q CODE, K-ETA, pre- departure test, etc. The airport is very efficient, but it's the COVID rules messing it all up, unfortunately.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:30 am

TY for the help. Easily filled out out the K-ETA form and submitted just in case. Hopefully can get checked through, but if not he is covered.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:00 pm

Hi, Can someone help me out on this?

SFO -> ICN -> CEB ; one itinerary, Korean / JIN air from ICN->CEB (and vice-versa). I understand that I need to transfer from T2 to T1 (3+ hrs layover)

Questions:
1. Will the SFO check-in issue BP for ICN->CEB flight?
2. Do I need to check-in at the JIN Air check-in desk in T1 or can I do it at a transfer desk (airside)?
- am bringing carryon luggage, but not sure if i should check it in or not at SFO ? suggestions?
3. Are luggage usually checked-through to the final destination?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:25 pm

TY for the help. Easily filled out out the K-ETA form and submitted just in case. Hopefully can get checked through, but if not he is covered.
Don't forget to do an antigen test one calendar day before his flight. this is a must to enter the country.
joesk likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by fuzack
Hi, Can someone help me out on this?

SFO -> ICN -> CEB ; one itinerary, Korean / JIN air from ICN->CEB (and vice-versa). I understand that I need to transfer from T2 to T1 (3+ hrs layover)

Questions:
1. Will the SFO check-in issue BP for ICN->CEB flight?
2. Do I need to check-in at the JIN Air check-in desk in T1 or can I do it at a transfer desk (airside)?
- am bringing carryon luggage, but not sure if i should check it in or not at SFO ? suggestions?
3. Are luggage usually checked-through to the final destination?
Korean Air will check your luggage all the way through. They MIGHT give you a boarding pass since they code share...but, if not, you just go directly to Jin Air gate on arrival. Can show your itinerary to transfer. Then get boarding pass at the gate.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Korean Air will check your luggage all the way through. They MIGHT give you a boarding pass since they code share...but, if not, you just go directly to Jin Air gate on arrival. Can show your itinerary to transfer. Then get boarding pass at the gate.
Thank you so much, Mike! this eases my worry a lot. Appreciate your time and response. Take care!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:59 am

Just an FYI, when my son flew JFK-ICN-BKI a few weeks ago, switching from Korean to Jin, he had his luggage checked all the way through and was given a boarding pass and seat assignment for the Jin leg at JFK.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:00 am

Just an FYI, when my son flew JFK-ICN-BKI a few weeks ago, switching from Korean to Jin, he had his luggage checked all the way through and was given a boarding pass and seat assignment for the Jin leg at JFK.
Thanks for the heads up!!!
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:37 pm

If I'm flying from BKK and have a 11 hour layover ICN before flying to north america.

Planning to do PCR test 48 hour before departing BKK.

Can I enter Korea, hang out in Seoul for that 11 hour layover and not have to take an arrival PCR test?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.