Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM online checkin - what a nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
What if I don't do on-line check in, and my flight leaves at 6pm (for LCY), can I check in and drop off my bags at noon in AMS?
Old Aug 2, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: FB silver, HHonors silver
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
What if I don't do on-line check in, and my flight leaves at 6pm (for LCY), can I check in and drop off my bags at noon in AMS?
It's no problem but just remind yourself that there may be no seats of your liking left.
Just got to one of the check in machines and drop off your luggage.
Enough to do behind the security zone.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: BA bronze
I'm going to be trying online checkin for the first time for KLM flights. It sounds as though I should use the http://www.airfrance.co.uk website.

The flights are EDI-AMS-YYC.
Can I check-in and print boarding cards for both flights 30 hours before the first flight departs or do I need to wait until 30 hours before the long haul flight?

Al
Old Aug 10, 2009, 7:40 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by Alvador
Can I check-in and print boarding cards for both flights 30 hours before the first flight departs ...?
In theory, yes! But there may be a 'caveat' that requires you to scan your passport at EDI before you actually get your BP - this depends on Canadian immigration rules - nothing to do with KLM. Same thing happens to me a lot on return trips from the USA -> Europe. (But you've made your seat selection and you're checked-in - just don't have BP.)

-- Henry
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:16 am

Henry is perfectly right. I checked in on line in Memphis (july 2009) on a KL flight on NW metal but I could not print the boarding card. People at NW/DL told me it was very frequent and when I scanned my passport the card was printed in 30 seconds.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by jmbfrance
Henry is perfectly right.
Do I detect a note of surprise in that remark?

Actually, my latest TATL ex USA was also KL stock on NW metal (in C). I did the OLCI then went to the check-in desk agent at BOS (the First/Elite desk with the huge "Delta" sign behind it): I was told I had to go to the NW check-in desk. When I asked which one that might be, I was informed, in the tone one might use when addressing an errant 7-year old at school, "It's the other side of the flag, Sir!" (Of course, I should've known that, seeing as this was my first trip ex BOS!) On the 'other side of the flag', there was a row of check-in desks that each had, behind them, a huge "Delta" sign - not a whiff of a labelled NW check-in desk. However, I managed to find a robot that had "NorthWest" written on it somewhere, scanned my passport and, as they say, there ya go!

-- H
Old Aug 10, 2009, 8:56 am

Dear Henry, you told us "maybe" and I answered "sure"...

There is a sort of cultural gap between Scotland and France !

That's the reason why I said "Henry is perfectly right", sort of "I concur", in french
Old Aug 10, 2009, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by jmbfrance
Dear Henry, you told us "maybe" and I answered "sure"...

There is a sort of cultural gap between Scotland and France !

That's the reason why I said "Henry is perfectly right", sort of "I concur", in french
Les Ecossais/les Gallois et les Francais ... pas problem! Les 'English' et les Francais ... eh ... eh ... il-y-a l'Entente Cordiale, je croit! Mais, vive la Difference!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:03 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...

KLM online check in fail yet again...

Online check in for my Cairo flight tomorrow, offered an upgrade to WBC, 168 Euro .. ooh great .. click yes, put in details .... Click.. then error code,

Phone eticket desk, nothing can be done ... sorry ... so no way to find out if they have charged me for this now unobtainable upgrade, and no way to get the upgrade (apart from buying for 500 euro and the rest at the ticket desk in AMS tomorrow) , all in all makes for a really pissed off passenger !!

They just cannot get anything right !!!

Added ..

Thank you to the KLM Lurker for helping to try and sort this problem out ! ... this put a smile on my face that KLM does listen and really care for customers

Last edited by psollitt; Nov 20, 2009 at 7:27 am Reason: Thankyou to the KLM Lurker for the Phone call to help try and sort this out !
Old Nov 21, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Outcome...

Got to the AMS lounge, agents had a look at all the information in the booking .including the notes from the KLM person who rang me up.. nothing they could do ....

So, very unhappy plat elite ... klm fail again.

what is the point in having a system which offers random upgrades to elite members at online check in , only to refuse them and have no way in reinstating them ?

its like having a carrot dangled in-front of you only not to be able to attain it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.