Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RANT] Crowd Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
[RANT] Crowd Lounge

Jees.. what a mess tonight!! Absolutely choka.. the extension room closed, no food, only seats by the bar, internet dropping out, losing IP address, slow, phone-shout-wanderers, snatch and grab gluttons...

Aaaarrrrgghhh....

What a painful experience!!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:58 am
Suspended

Nothing new then ?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: Shiny ones
Challenge

Phone-shout-wanderers live in a world of their own. In the (comparatively) civilised location of an airline lounge - just point at them, and say very loudly 'you're shouting'. It almost always produces a positive result in this type of environment - inducing a bit of embarrassment making them SHUT UP. Fuming inwardly and giving hard stares achieves absolutely nothing. This strategy should not be employed in the 'outside world' but in an airport there's loads of security guards anyway...

Seriously - name and shame - it works a treat. The other is when you've held doors open for people who breeze through without acknowledgment: say very loudly 'oh, excuse me!' when they turn round say 'you're welcome' then turn and walk away. Again, very effective, and useful in the winter because you can usually toast marshmallows on their blushing faces
Old Jul 3, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by OttoMH
phone-shout-wanderers, snatch and grab gluttons...

Aaaarrrrgghhh....

What a painful experience!!
LoL...I always find it amusing when you see some ape enter the lounge and begins piling his tray with whatever he can get his greedy mits on...last time I was in the lounge at E (CDG) and was amazed at this pin striped suit that sampled every wine that was available..and yeah, shouting some non descript lingo down his mobile phone at the same time..I overheard an American say to his friend" and they say we are greedy .......s"...lol
Old Jul 5, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
I grabbed one of the leather seats just outside.. more comfy and better internet connectivity ^

I will definatley do the "Oi.. Shh! F.. off outside if you need to make a call!" routine!!
Old Jul 8, 2009, 4:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by TechnoOenology
Phone-shout-wanderers live in a world of their own.
:-: A parallel world to that of the phone-babble-sitters, who fail to either hear or understand the FA say "mobile phones should now be switched off and stowed" because their attention is entirely devoted to telling a 'friend', by means of their mobile phone, that "I'm sitting on the plane, and we're just getting ready for take-off!"

@:-) Maybe somebody could/should invent a device that emits a sharp pulse of electromagnetic radiation, thus causing any active communication device in the vicinity to (a) acquire a large static electrical charge (say 10,000 Volts) and (b) get very hot (1,000°C) very quickly.

--
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henry III
Maybe somebody could/should invent a device that emits a sharp pulse of electromagnetic radiation, thus causing any active communication device in the vicinity to (a) acquire a large static electrical charge (say 10,000 Volts) and (b) get very hot (1,000°C) very quickly.
Oh, come on! That may be high tech, but far too quick.

Anyone familiar with the tried and trusted methods employed by Ivan the Terrible should know that there are better ways of dealing with such offenders.

Johan
Old Jul 9, 2009, 3:05 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Oh, come on! That may be high tech, but far too quick.

Anyone familiar with the tried and trusted methods employed by Ivan the Terrible should know that there are better ways of dealing with such offenders.

Johan
OK, fair enough! So, let's say we reduce the shock to a mere 1,000V and 85°C: the resulting squeal from the said offender would suffice to attract the attention of Ivan's Air-Marshals/Lounge-Marshals, who could then deal with him/her in a more traditional manner!

--Henry

PS: Johan, do you happen to know Ivan's mobile number?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.