Search

I'm Flying KL to HKG Kai Tak

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 5:11 am
PJK
Original Poster

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
I'm Flying KL to HKG Kai Tak

Yeah! I've always been sorry I never flew to the old HKG airport Kai Tak. Now I booked two C awards AMS-HKG on KLM (promo@wards). This is what my American Express statement says after using the card for paying the 'tax':

AIR FRANCE
AMSTERDAM /HONG KONG KAI TAK
178,15 EUROPEAN UNION EURO

Old Feb 10, 2009, 9:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Landing at Kai Tak now will be even more spectacular than it was in the past.

Can you tell me the date so I can watch the news that evening?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for Lifetime, Hertz & Sixt Gold; Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime, Amex Platinum
Wink Complies to KLīs cost cutting strategy

Paxes are self loading cargo anyway, why need an airport? And hitting Kai Tak is cheap, because no landing charges are imposed.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by PJK
Yeah! I've always been sorry I never flew to the old HKG airport Kai Tak. Now I booked two C awards AMS-HKG on KLM (promo@wards). This is what my American Express statement says after using the card for paying the 'tax':

AIR FRANCE
AMSTERDAM /HONG KONG KAI TAK
178,15 EUROPEAN UNION EURO

I booked two AF F awards to HKG to use up most of my remaining FB miles and I seen the same thing on my Amex statement. Until today I never realised that Kai Tak had been replaced and was looking forward to the landing.

I always remember the flight simulator round of UK gameshow The Krypton Factor, Kai Tak was one of the airports they'd get contestants to land in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.