Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS - LAX Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

AMS - LAX Flight

First off, I'm a newbie on this site, sorry if this thread is in the wrong place - I wasn't sure where to post, but you all seem pretty friendly. Please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I am flying with KLM from AMS to LAX next month and my experience with KLM in the past (AMS - TLV route) has been nothing but pleasurable.

Has anyone flown the AMS - LAX route and know if they have power supply for a laptop on board.

I've never flown directly to the West Coast before and am not sure how to entertain myself for ten plus hours on a plane!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
welcome to FlyerTalk, y528s
please continue to follow this thread in our KLM forum which is the best place for threads about KLM.

regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
KL typically operates a 747-400 on this route. In economy there will be no power or individual IFE, but in business there will be both.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Originally Posted by y528s
I've never flown directly to the West Coast before and am not sure how to entertain myself for ten plus hours on a plane!
I just flew KL601 myself last Wednesday come back from the Amsterdam Marathon. Aside from chatting with the lovely F/As, all I can suggest is bring a really good book.

P.S. welcome to FT!
Old Oct 28, 2008, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
KL typically operates a 747-400 on this route. In economy there will be no power or individual IFE, but in business there will be both.
Correct, but with a minor correction: it's a 747M (or "combi" that has a smaller Y section to hold extra cargo containers on the main deck). Hopefully the OP is in J where there is decent IFE + AC power (US/Euro style plug, no adaptors needed)
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrissxb
welcome to FlyerTalk, y528s
please continue to follow this thread in our KLM forum which is the best place for threads about KLM.

regards,

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!
Thanks for the welcome. Please can you post a link to the KLM forum, I couldn't find it on the site.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Correct, but with a minor correction: it's a 747M (or "combi" that has a smaller Y section to hold extra cargo containers on the main deck). Hopefully the OP is in J where there is decent IFE + AC power (US/Euro style plug, no adaptors needed)
Again, I'm new here, I didn't understand the terms OP or J.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 2:45 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
The OP is you since you wrote the Opening Post (OP) if this thread. J is a reference to the business class cabin (as J generally is a booking class for the business class cabin. Also referred to as C whereas economy is Y)

So what he's trying to say is that hopefully for you, you are booked in business class... as it has decent In Flight Entertainment (IFE) and AC power (alternating current, but I guess you got those)
Old Oct 29, 2008, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
For what it's worth, a 74M is still a 747-400. KL operates both Full Pax and Combi versions of the 747-400 series.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by y528s
Thanks for the welcome. Please can you post a link to the KLM forum, I couldn't find it on the site.
this thread is already in the KLM forum. but here's the link again:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=493

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.