Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM Longhaul Irregularities Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Final Installment of the Irregularities Series

August 05 has been the final episode of the irregularities thread. Keeping this thread up to date has at times been quite a headache, not only because of the sheer amount it time it has taken, but also because of all kinds of outside interferences. Still, I believe it was an exercise worth engaging in.

Thanks for reading.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi HB-IWC,

Originally Posted by HB-IWC
August 05 has been the final episode of the irregularities thread. Keeping this thread up to date has at times been quite a headache, not only because of the sheer amount it time it has taken, but also because of all kinds of outside interferences. Still, I believe it was an exercise worth engaging in.

Thanks for reading.
I, for one, would like to thank you for your diligent work on gathering this information. I know that there is a large group of FT-ers who really appreciated the work you did, and the information you provided through this thread.

It will be missed, but, once again, thank you!

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

PS = And if our paths ever cross in AMS, I'll buy you a drink!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:20 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
I was thinking a couple of days ago 'How long will he go on'. I also thougt that if you'd like to stop, the 100k views for this thread would be a good moment Don't know it if is a coincedence. Thank you millions for all the effort you put in it, and hopefully you can keep providing us with the occasional schedule information, as that it very valuable too.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:15 am
hmv

HB-IWC, thank you for this topic!
It was very useful for everyone on FT.
Hopefully you will still update this topic, whenever there are a lot or long(1h30) delays on the long haul flights.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 4:06 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Many thanks for all the effort that has gone into this thread. I believe it has been extremely useful to the community. ^
Old Aug 6, 2008, 4:16 am

HB-IWC

This topic has helped me very much and it has been a pleasure reading it, on almost daily basis. It still amazes me how you've been able to compose this list every single day.
So, I would really like to thank you for your fantastic performance, and I, for one still hope that you'll continue with your interesting postings on other topics.

klm312
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I will miss your daily list! Thanks a lot for all the effort in the past 15 months!

I am sure jb2008 will take it over from you and be happy you quit
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thank you very much for all the effort. The only ones who will be pleased are the KLM apologists.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
A bit expected. And a bit a shock. It feels as if a dear collegue is leaving or something!

I hope we will continue to hear from you ocasionally. Your insight and consultancy is unique on FT!

Thanks you very much HB-IWC for all the work and all the very interesting info which you have provided to us.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:06 am
R
formerly PrePress420

The end of a mini-era.
Your thread was daily reading I looked for when I checked my email subscriptions.
More than educational, it gave some kind of barometer on circumstances globally.
Thanks for all your efforts.
And you did it for free.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Thanks again for updating this thread for such a long time. An awesome eye opener and much more specific than the statistics from the association of European airlines.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Thank you, HB-IWC ^
I appreciate the effort you put into keeping the thread up to date on a daily basis. I must admit I didn't follow it daily but I knew it would be there when I needed it. Sadly, no longer.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Thanks for all your efforts!! ^

Just wondering though, what kind of outside interferences?
Is KL intimidating you to stop with it?
If so, that would be quite shocking.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jetfan
Just wondering though, what kind of outside interferences?
Is KL intimidating you to stop with it?
If so, that would be quite shocking.
Start at post #251 in this thread.

Johan
Old Aug 10, 2008, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
A big thanks to the OP for providing the timely and detailed information about KL's ops. Since he's finished posting, I'm going to close this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.