Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Europe Select Seating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Question about Europe Select Seating

I have a couple intra-European segments in Europe Select coming up and have a couple of questions.

Can seats be pre-reserved (I know that they cannot be in Y)?

I am very tall (6'8", over 2m). Apparently ES has about the same pitch as regular Y. What is my best option for seating (F70 and 737)? Should I ask for a bulkhead in ES or try to get an exit row in Y?

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by spgaston
I have a couple intra-European segments in Europe Select coming up and have a couple of questions.

Can seats be pre-reserved (I know that they cannot be in Y)?

I am very tall (6'8", over 2m). Apparently ES has about the same pitch as regular Y. What is my best option for seating (F70 and 737)? Should I ask for a bulkhead in ES or try to get an exit row in Y?
Bulkhead on the 737s would be torturous unless you are in an aisle seat.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:39 am

Programs: Skywards silver, Flying Blue
i think exit seats would be the best way to go for europe select. other than that, all seat are pretty bad as its just like Y seating!
Old Apr 26, 2007, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kampongtraveller
i think exit seats would be the best way to go for europe select. other than that, all seat are pretty bad as its just like Y seating!
Since the exit rows are in Y, I guess if I ask to sit there I will get Y service. Oh well, I suppose it is worth it. I don't care about food on flights <2 hrs.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:28 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Row 1 bulkhead on the 737 the aisle seat on the right has no wall in front of it and you can stretch out.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
To put it bluntly, Europe Select is a joke. Even the food is not necessarily better up front. Free booze is about the only benefit. And a place to hang your coat.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbarnette
To put it bluntly, Europe Select is a joke. Even the food is not necessarily better up front. Free booze is about the only benefit. And a place to hang your coat.
Do any airlines have Business or First service on intra-Euro flights that compare to domestic First in the US? If so, how do the airlines with products like AF/KLM compete?
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simonsmith
Row 1 bulkhead on the 737 the aisle seat on the right has no wall in front of it and you can stretch out.
Can one reserve these seats in advance or only at check in similar to Y?

Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:22 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith
What's FP Plat Elite Plus? I thought there was only Silver, Gold, Plat. (If you are making a reference to ST E+, that's a whole different story.)
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spgaston
Can one reserve these seats in advance or only at check in similar to Y? Thanks.
Yes, advance seat reservations are possible for ES. Note that equipment changes are not infrequent, and that the cabin class divider is movable, both of which may affect your seat assignment.

The bulkhead seat are the worst on the plane, they have even less legroom than the worst economy seat. I am just over 6', and can only just cross my legs. Stretching them is out of the question. As mentioned 1D is an exception because you can strech your feet. Be sure to keep them straight, to avoid having your toes amputated by the bar trolley or so.

As others have said, ES is a complete waste of money. Not worth it unless somebody else insists on paying for your ticket!

Johan
Old Apr 26, 2007, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel

As others have said, ES is a complete waste of money. Not worth it unless somebody else insists on paying for your ticket!

Johan
As you can imagine, I am only connecting to/from longhaul international on AF/KL.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 1:49 pm
Suspended

so dont waste your money or miles
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: Skywards silver, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by pbarnette
hmmm yes, but be prepared to ask to have your coat hung. No one offered to take my coat on my last flight with them.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On occasion I go for the quick and easy solution and just hang my jacket myself.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:21 am
Original Poster

OK, so I just made a seat assignment request over the telephone, and silly me I asked for row one on the 737 from AMS-CDG. Anyway, after the agent acted like she was being really nice by letting us have seat assignments because we are booked on Delta awards, she put us in 1E/F.

I thought the middle seat was blocked in Europe Select??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.