Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx FD miles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:16 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

Has anyone else signed up for the AmEx on-line account function?

There used to be a link to the KLM site under the heading "Check your mileage" or something similar. That has now disappeared and instead there is a full section about Membership Rewards. I've built up a few thousand MR points (at the rate of 1 per EUR) and the site is giving me the option to cash them in or transfer them to a number of airlines (but not KLM).

-- Dambus
Old Feb 19, 2004, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I applied for AMEX as a result of the FD mail shot, and was very surprised to see my miles post BEFORE I even had the card.

It was because of the mileage posting that I discovered that my application had been approved, it was infact some 3 weeks before I physically had the card.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 6:54 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
In the UK invitation letter it was clearly stated that 5 MR points could be transferred to 4 KLM miles.

Bastiaan
Old Mar 16, 2004, 3:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Just bumping to ask if anyone has managed to convert MR points to FD miles yet - still no sign of KLM on the list of partners when I looked yesterday.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 6:16 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
In Germany it is definitely not yet an option. AF is in the list of airlines to move MR points to miles, but not KLM. I still have the promo mailings and they clearly state that they will introduce KLM as an MR-Points conversion partner with a 5:4 conversion rate.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jenbel:
Just bumping to ask if anyone has managed to convert MR points to FD miles yet - still no sign of KLM on the list of partners when I looked yesterday. </font>
Still no sign of the automatic trasfer for the AmEx/FD partner card and FD is also not yet listed on the Dutch site as a MR partner but...

On www.americanexpress.nl it does say:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Het is nu tevens mogelijk om uw Membership Rewards punten om te zetten naar het Flying Dutchman programma van KLM - onze nieuwste partner binnen het Membership Rewards programma. Bel het Membership Rewards team op 020-504 8000 voor meer informatie.
</font>
Roughly "It is now possible to transfer MR points to KLM's FD program - our newest partner within the MR program. Call the MR team at 020-504 8000 for more information"

Edited: The AmEx helpdesk is now saying that the first transfers will take place on April 1st. Very appropriate!

-- Dambus

[This message has been edited by Dambus (edited Mar 16, 2004).]
Old Mar 17, 2004, 9:14 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
Summary for AMEX NL cardholders:

(1)
Transfers from MEM REWARDS to FD were already possible in december last year and showed up within two weeks at FD account. But you must call AMEX MEM REWARDS desk, not possible through AMEX website. So this is running very smoothly.

(2)
First miles from AMEX-NL-FD card january spendings still must show up at FD-acount and status of co-card holders are still not showing correctly in FD-system. (causing missing SE/GE/PE bonus).
According to FD-helpdesk (for whatever it is worth) will take another 6 weeks for all running smoothly. AMEX is saying that their output to KLM is working correctly, but delay is caused by FD-accounting system.
Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM-FB Gold, PriorityClub Platinum Amb.
Thumbs up Amex Miles finally posted!!

Amex Miles finally posted!!
Old Apr 2, 2004, 12:57 am

Miles and miles

Originally Posted by Eendracht
Amex Miles finally posted!!
Here too! ^
Old Apr 2, 2004, 1:33 am

AMEX & FD

This is my first post in Flyer Talk and, boy, am I glad I found you folks. Until now I had a persecution complex about FD assuming that their latest cost cutting measure was getting me to do ALL the admin & corrections. Now I know it's not just me!

To business -

* I can confirm I received miles conversion from Amex to FD at 5:4. I'm in UK
* Despite two promises the alleged 25,000 miles has notyet turned up. Amex blames their 'back office'

* Can whoever mentioned expiry of the 25,000 miles please clarify?
Old Apr 2, 2004, 2:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Hey farci , welcome to the madhouse If nothing else, this board does reassure you that KLM aren't out to get you specifically, they are just out to get everyone

Also UK based, I got my 25000 no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.