Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Silver Elite memberships??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2004, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by phb:
Unfortunately I don't think that there is a space for supplying your existing FD number on the form</font>
No, but if you provide the same name/addres as the existing account they will find it. It has happened to some people I know and their blue/scum card went to silver.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 2:12 pm

I don't want to be negative, especially in light of the benevolence of ScottC, but what's the real value of SE ?

The lounge perk has been withdrawn, so what's left other than to status match with *A ?
Old Mar 13, 2004, 6:02 am

Programs: UA *G
I got a nice, beautiful Blue Plus card at my Moscow Address... I guess this promo doesn't work, or the FD "Help Desk" was very "helpful"
-JBLU
Old Mar 13, 2004, 12:42 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JBLUA320:
I got a nice, beautiful Blue Plus card at my Moscow Address... I guess this promo doesn't work, or the FD "Help Desk" was very "helpful"
-JBLU
</font>
Hey, I'm in Moscow too. And I already have a Blue card. So, do I send the application or is it not worth it?

And another question. Does your FD number change when you go from Blue to SE? If it does, when exactly? The point is I'm flying to KUL in a couple of weeks - will these flight be credited as Blue Plus or as SE (i.e., will I get the SE 50% bonus)? Has anyone had any experience with this? Thank you
Old Mar 13, 2004, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA *G
I don't know. I am contemplating shooting out a mean letter to KLM, since i filled out an application for Silver Elite..not for Blue Plus. I hope this doesn't mean the end of the promo.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:35 am

Great board (just registered)! And thanks to ScottC for posting this.

Has anyone recently had any luck with this promo?

If so: Has anyone tried to contact the FD Helpdesk on this subject? I'm flying KL to the states in four weeks and would really like to have an SE card by then. I just wonder if it makes any sense to try and speed things up by calling them. But I don't want to raise any red flags by calling them because I haven't been targeted by the promo.

Thanks for any replies.

[This message has been edited by Zaphod (edited Mar 15, 2004).]
Old Mar 15, 2004, 8:54 am

I applied 24th December 2003 (!) and got my silver card one week ago, valid to 9/2004. My account was upgraded.
I also applied for my wife. She got a new account, the card ist valid to 8/2004. In my online statement there is the silver-logo, but it says that my status is currently "blue". KLM-wonderland.

[This message has been edited by W Nippert (edited Mar 15, 2004).]
Old Mar 15, 2004, 1:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Zaphod:
Great board (just registered)! And thanks to ScottC for posting this.

Has anyone recently had any luck with this promo?

If so: Has anyone tried to contact the FD Helpdesk on this subject? I'm flying KL to the states in four weeks and would really like to have an SE card by then. I just wonder if it makes any sense to try and speed things up by calling them. But I don't want to raise any red flags by calling them because I haven't been targeted by the promo.

Thanks for any replies.

[This message has been edited by Zaphod (edited Mar 15, 2004).]
</font>
You can call the Helpdesk, your new membership number has been created as soon as they received your application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.