Wiki Posts
Search

FTers ID badge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2003, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat
FTers ID badge?

it's happened to me a couple of times that i post a trip report and someone says "hey i was op-uped on that flight too!" but of course we never knew till later...

while i'll try and make it to the oct 25 / nov 1 KL/FTers party, it would be nice if there was a way of identifying another FTer on a regular basis. i'd volunteer to wear an KL/FT badge if someone can figure it out!

another idea is to post our likely schedules, at least for lounges/flights we identify as "common likely meeting points", such as AMS D/E/F/G... since most of us have schedules that change quite quickly...

to start this off, i know i'm in the AMS EFG lounge on aug 10 (before an AC flight to YYZ at noon), possibly aug 18 (returning on AC at 1000).

best,
rishab
Old Aug 1, 2003, 6:20 am
Suspended

I think it might be worth getting those lapel style badges with flashing LEDS on them and a space where you can put your name. Make sure it is wide as I am sure there will be a lot called Richard Head
Old Aug 1, 2003, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat
ok, at http://dxm.org/flyertalk/ you'll find a "poster" in PDF format. just a simple A4 page with FT, KL, NW logos and the FT url that can be printed in landscape mode. not a badge, but if people lay it on their table while sitting in the lounge, it gives something for others to look for!

-rishab
Old Aug 1, 2003, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Another wonderful contribution from Ewan

There is also a FT luggage label available in Store - a bargain at $1.50!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
The Flyertalk tags are bright flouro YELLOW. Impossible to miss.

Have had MANY FT'ers see them on hand baggage in planes or on suitcases outside the plane. Even waiting to buy a ttain tciket at AMS Centraal last year!
Old Aug 4, 2003, 11:54 pm
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Yes, those flyertalk flashy yellow luggage tags are great. You can order them via the store linked on the top-menu of flyertalk, they are inexpensive.

I just cut-off the 'Priority' line on the tags so that I don't have to excuse at check-in...

I seldomly used them but will do from now on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.