Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone any experience with MALEV?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:11 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
I'll post more details when I get time, but the LGW-BUD is a weird flight. They use Aviance, who were a bunch of muppets when we tried to collect the tickets (took over an hour!). There's only one flight a day, and it's treated as a commuter flight in an F70. These would be fine if it wasn't for the excessive seat recline, and the insistence of the woman in front of me to force the seat back as far as possible, even after it hit my knees and wouldn't budge...

But anyway... I didn't get a chance to use priority checkin or the lounge, as I was with 2 colleagues. Because we checked in so late (after the ticket fiasco) there was no chance of 2x2 seating. The flight was really nice - the staff very friendly. Cramped, but the 2 hours went remarkably quickly.

In future I'll make sure I book on one of the LHR-BUD flights, for the 737s. But I've been left with a good impression of the airline (I already have a bad impression of Fokkers ) Will post about the return and more details when I get back.

Old Jun 7, 2003, 11:36 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Trip report, here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003795.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.