Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help please. Flight from AMS to VIE. Thanks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Help please. Flight from AMS to VIE. Thanks

I have a ticket to fly into AMS on UA. I thought it would be nice to visit Vienna for a couple of nights. I looked at prices for a RT flights from AMS to VIE on KLM and Austrian. They seem high for Y. About $400 US. Can someone please advise on any "low fare" carriers out of AMS? Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2003, 3:41 am
Suspended

I don`t think that any low cost carrier operates AMS-VIE, the only options in that regard would be to fly Air Berlin out of Dusseldorf Express ( MGL ) or Dortmund ( DTM )or Germanwings out of CGN.

Germanwings is a classic low cost carrier ( but probadly the best in Europe, when it comes to their equipment, new A 319/320 with leather seats ) and Air Berlin is a former charter airline which is also active in the low cost business.Air Berlin is know as the best german charter airline, when it comes to onboard services.Expect to pay about Euro 100-150 for roundtrip train/bus service to DUS/DTM.Airfare should be available from Euro 60 for the RT trip, if you book several months in advance or during special promo periods.
www.germanwings.com has very good sales frequently

The more convenient option would be to fly out of AMS ( award ?? ).I would expect to pay about Euro 300.KLM has special sale periods on their website, but I doubt that VIE will be available much cheaper.

Old Apr 11, 2003, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks. Working on this still. Regards.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 10:21 am

Tickets are availble for April on austrian for about 210 Euro depending on the flights/days of travel. You can check these fares on www.schiphol.com.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 10:45 am

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
These guys SkyEurope are planning to fly to AMS from BTS. BTS is some 40 km east of VIE, bus connection (Eurolines) for €7.50 or SkyEurope bus for €10.

--Jano

[This message has been edited by Jano (edited 04-11-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.