Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX & YVR 50% Webaward now online !

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2003, 2:45 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Looks like KLM has fixed everything now!

KLM.com currently giving a "10061 Connection Refused" error.

I'll do their web site for 50 cents a week as they are being ripped off at the moment.
Oh what the heck they rip us of so good luck to them.

pmcg
Old Feb 25, 2003, 8:24 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mack:
Finally do they actually promote webawards or is it one of these hidden away promos for those inclined to browse the webite every day? </font>
I just got back from a weekend trip on KLM. For the transatlantic flights, Web Awards were discussed on the video, with LAX 50% and a couple others specifically mentioned.

In fairness, I watched the screen but didn't listen to the audio-- I was listening to music. But I saw them shown on both my outbound and return LAX--AMS flights.

Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:10 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Called the Help Desk today and was told that for some "political reason" the 50% awards had been removed.

Colleague received a statement today and with this a newsletter that lists these awards.

Absolutely appalling that KLM cannot even list something on their web site with information to this effect.

pmcg
Old Feb 25, 2003, 9:57 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Was planning a LAX - BKK award for 45,000 pts. and POOF! its gone. Now they want me to pay full price. Whats going on? Don't they have to list the restrictions on these awards?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:14 am

Seems KLM do pretty much what ever they like.

You could argue that since they are still running videos with the promotion and sending out mailings then you should be able to book it but since it is down to them to deduct the miles then I think this would be a waste of time.

Don't understand why they couldn't have just reduced the availability instead of pulling the award!

Then again they didn't even let anyone know that the award had gone.

pmcg
Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:14 am

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Viajero Joven:
I just got back from a weekend trip on KLM. For the transatlantic flights, Web Awards were discussed on the video, with LAX 50% and a couple others specifically mentioned.

</font>
WOW do they really promote them on the flights, will that not leave people who just spend USD 3.000 for a business flight LAX-AMS with a rather funny feeling ???

Old Feb 25, 2003, 10:57 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Just talked to FD today and they said the LAX web Award was pulled due to the US govt. using a few of NW planes as troop transports. She said since there is reduced capacity to AMS all the seats are needed for rev. passengers. Seems like a lame excuse but what can we do?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pmcg:
Called the Help Desk today and was told that for some "political reason" the 50% awards had been removed.

Colleague received a statement today and with this a newsletter that lists these awards.

Absolutely appalling that KLM cannot even list something on their web site with information to this effect.

pmcg
</font>
Had the newsletter as well today, I've faxed KLM with a printout of the Web@ward to YUL in May asking why I've been charged 80,000 instead of 60,000 and also why it was showing no availability on the dates I wanted even though there was plenty of seats.

I've mentioned to them that Air France is now flying out of BRS so I now have a choice. I'll let everyone know how I get on !!

By the way the newsletter says that if you have a new e mail address then you'll get 200 miles for updating it by March 16th althought there's nothing on the website. They're also asking us to vote for the FD programme in the Freddie awards, I'd do it if it worked !

Nigel
Old Feb 25, 2003, 1:09 pm

just a quick question on the webawards: are they region based or airport based?

what I mean is that I see a 25% discount from AMS to Aruba (for example). Is that valid ONLY if I fly out of AMS, or is it valid from any airport in the europe zone (via AMS, probably)?

Thanks
Ron
Old Feb 25, 2003, 1:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lewinr:
just a quick question on the webawards: are they region based or airport based?

what I mean is that I see a 25% discount from AMS to Aruba (for example). Is that valid ONLY if I fly out of AMS, or is it valid from any airport in the europe zone (via AMS, probably)?

Thanks
Ron
</font>

Any Airport in the Europe Zone Ron. Best of luck !

nigel

Old Feb 26, 2003, 2:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dambus:
Well given that a Y-class award AMS-LAX is still 50,000 miles I wouldn't count on any upgrade discounts
[This message has been edited by Dambus (edited 02-03-2003).]
</font>
Do not forget that you can NOT upgrade an award ticket !
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:49 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I've just been docked 120,000 miles for 3 upgrades to LAX. Could have saved some money and just gone for the 50% deal ....that's the chance you take buying discounted tickets way in advance I suppose.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:44 am

I just got off the phone with the KLM helpdesk with some questions about the webawards.

The agent told me there were a number of webawards with 50% discounts to the US announced in the latest (Feb/Mar) KLM newsletter. I told him I could not see them online. He said that is because they were just announced and they would be posted shortly. I told him that it was strange if they were mentioned in a Feb/Mar newsletter. He said the newsletter was just released a few days ago. I told him that I heard some awards were removed and maybe that was why I could not see them. He said, no, that was about LAX (for example) and that is different.

It still seems strange to me, but maybe he is right and we will see new 50% off awards appear in a few days online...
Old Feb 26, 2003, 8:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lewinr:
I just got off the phone with the KLM helpdesk with some questions about the webawards.

The agent told me there were a number of webawards with 50% discounts to the US announced in the latest (Feb/Mar) KLM newsletter. I told him I could not see them online. He said that is because they were just announced and they would be posted shortly. I told him that it was strange if they were mentioned in a Feb/Mar newsletter. He said the newsletter was just released a few days ago. I told him that I heard some awards were removed and maybe that was why I could not see them. He said, no, that was about LAX (for example) and that is different.

It still seems strange to me, but maybe he is right and we will see new 50% off awards appear in a few days online...
</font>

Sounds like someone made a cockup and posted them online too early. From the top of my head the awards that have disappeared are 2 Montreal deals , LA , Boston , Memphis, Miami, Washington and Vancouver.

Nigel
Old Feb 27, 2003, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
So what is the verdict, is the promo in or out? Have to start making travel plans in March. Also, looking to fly N. America to S. America (Caracas) but seems only 14 day advance on partner CO (gasp!) is available, any other options?

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.