Search

How many miles for a award to Prague?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
How many miles for a award to Prague?

It used to be 25,000 miles return from NCL before! Checking today it says 40,000 miles for a normal Y award! And a lot more for a open award!

Did they move prague into a differnt zone? Is this yet another improvement to Flying Blue?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: KLM FlyingBlue Pt, Marriott Pt
Just checked with the Miles Finder on the KLM Website

https://secure.klm.com/travel/gb_en/...iles/index.htm

NCL-Prague is showing as needing 30000 miles

Some other eastern european destinations (Riga, Budapest, Warsaw) are also showing as 30000
On the other hand some nearer destinations (AMS, BRU, CDG, Lyon, Berlin ?) are showing at only 20000.

I've not seen any announcement about re-zoning.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 1:55 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I suspect the booking engine is trying to give you a mixed-award in Y and C.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Brobdignag
Just checked with the Miles Finder on the KLM Website

https://secure.klm.com/travel/gb_en/...iles/index.htm

NCL-Prague is showing as needing 30000 miles
Tried also to check, not with miles finder, but by a simulation of an actual KL award, with a far date to avoid trouble...

First result gave 30000, but with my default airport, TLS, as departure on the french website.

Logged on UK site, checked from NCL : gave 50000, in full economy, and not in optimiles... Conclusions are obvious :

-NCL is definitely not in Europe
-Use by a french of non european routes makes the things worse

Hope you enjoy the logic ; not sure it's worse than this of engine
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:00 pm

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Brobdignag
Some other eastern european destinations (Riga, Budapest, Warsaw) are also showing as 30000
On the other hand some nearer destinations (AMS, BRU, CDG, Lyon, Berlin ?) are showing at only 20000.

I've not seen any announcement about re-zoning.
More seriously, I think remembering something like this at the very early launching of FB, like also close and far America, but I'm not sure... And have no link at this point...
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pinkcity
More seriously, I think remembering something like this at the very early launching of FB, like also close and far America, but I'm not sure... And have no link at this point...
Some say 40,000 some say 50,000! What does one do?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
find FFP that does not conn its customers
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
find FFP that does not conn its customers
Hey steve you could start your own curency with the amount of Gold and Platinum cards you have!
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Some say 40,000 some say 50,000! What does one do?
Call FB - booking awards online rarely gives the correct mileage, in my experience. Unless it is a Webaward special.

Please remember to forego the pleasure of the 0870/8p min number. At 1/2p/min use +33 1 58 68 68 68 - option 2
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farci
Call FB - booking awards online rarely gives the correct mileage, in my experience. Unless it is a Webaward special.

Please remember to forego the pleasure of the 0870/8p min number. At 1/2p/min use +33 1 58 68 68 68 - option 2
Anyone know what the exact figure might be! I just tried calling them and was put on hold for nearly 10 mins for a International call.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 6:21 am

Programs: Star alliance, Flying blue
I just tried calling them and was put on hold for nearly 10 mins for a International call.
When calling abroad from the UK, I use a 'call through' operator:

http://www.telesave.co.uk/

(There are many others. I have no connection with this company other than as a satisfied customer. It charges lower rates than most others, though international call rates are actively traded, and some other company might now be offering a lower rate.)
They suggest the 'normal' rate for calling France is 19p / minute - so your 10 min call, if from the UK, might have cost GBP 1.90. Anyone can use their 'instant' service - as you probably already know, you first dial the access number (which is charged to your bill at the normal rate for that dialled code) then you get a voice prompt and you dial the French number.

The access numbers needed for calling different countries are listed here:

http://www.telesave.co.uk/instant/rates.htm

and show GBP 0.05 per minute to France. Your 10 min call would have been GBP 0.50.

And going really off-topic, may I just add that if you use a CPS provider in the UK, you are likely to get France for 2p or 3p per minute. Much more of this, and it probably ought to be in the 'tech' forum. Sorry about that, but I did think the advice to call FB in France direct was very good advice, but callers need to be sure they do so by using a low cost provider of some sort. Standard rates may be higher.

regards, Talisman
Old Mar 28, 2006, 7:51 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Anyone know what the exact figure might be! I just tried calling them and was put on hold for nearly 10 mins for a International call.
The miles finder says the miles for Y are 30k as above.

Try two 1 way bookings out 28th Sept. & in 29th Sept. as an example and you get 15,000 miles each way.

Do the same as a round trip and it comes back at 50,000 miles.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:49 am

According to FB on the French number I recommended it's 30,000 miles NCL-PRG in Economy. I called at 0845 BST and got through in about 1.5 mins thereby spending £0.045!

Must be my sunny disposition!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:59 am

How to reach FB (and others) cheaply

Originally Posted by Talisman
And going really off-topic, may I just add that if you use a CPS provider in the UK, you are likely to get France for 2p or 3p per minute. Much more of this, and it probably ought to be in the 'tech' forum. Sorry about that, but I did think the advice to call FB in France direct was very good advice, but callers need to be sure they do so by using a low cost provider of some sort. Standard rates may be higher.

regards, Talisman
At the risk of getting bumped to a tech forum - for UK readers - I subscribe free to 18185 where the rate to France & USA etc is 0.5p/min without CPS.

It works for me but for a full review of alternatives go to MoneysavingExpert.com.

Then - join the campaign at Say No to 0870!
Old Mar 29, 2006, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

At the risk of getting bumped to a tech forum - for UK readers - I subscribe free to 18185 where the rate to France & USA etc is 0.5p/min without CPS.

It works for me but for a full review of alternatives go to MoneysavingExpert.com.

Then - join the campaign at Say No to 0870!
So basically its gone up from 25k return to 30k return! Not sure why its charging me more if i try and book online for a normal ST award seat!

Thanks all for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.