Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:03 am
Original Poster

AMS transfer time

I was making a booking to YYZ on KL site a few days ago, there was no flight availability by plugging in EDI-YYZ but by using multi city I could get a routing through DTW, but at the end I get a message to call the service centre as online booking was "not possible", so I called got a very pleasant agent, explained the situation and she was able to pull up the same flights as me, but the system wouldn't let her book it as the connection in AMS was too short, my flight from EDI arrived 08:40 and the DTW flight departed at 10:50
How long do they think I need?
So off I went to Expedia and booked the same connection no problem, except now my return with NW is to LGW and then to EDI with BA so lost revenue to KL.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It's a software glitch -- 2:10 is more than enough time to change planes at AMS. Your incoming flight could pull up to the stand an hour late and you'd still make it easily.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
I think the minumum connection time is somewhere between 45 and 60 minutes - though depending on the time of day that could be rather short for Schengen to non-Schengen (or vv) connections.

Also Polderbaan arrivals have now increased the risk of being able to make short connections
Old Feb 26, 2006, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

I guess I wasn't making my self clear, I wasn't asking if the time was correct, it is plainly more than ample, but trying to highlight the absurdity of the airlines own website refusing to authorise the booking at their own home base, their staff cannot overide the problem, but an outside booking site is able to take the reservation, I assume when expedia, makes a reservation on KL the KL booking system is involved, so why does it allow a booking from expedia and not from it's own website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.