Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Should I not collect miles between Feb and June?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Help! Should I not collect miles between Feb and June?

A few years ago, just as I was starting to learn about FFPs and before I discovered FT and settled on *A for my own flights, I ended up with some ‘orphan’ miles.

17k on AF and about 8k on NWA. When I got a letter from NWA at Xmas saying they were going to transfer my miles onto FD, I was pretty much OK with it as I’d learnt through FT about the upcoming merger (there was initially a hiccup as I never did hear from FD, but I persisted and now know my number)

What I’ve been expecting to happen is for this modest amount of miles to combine into a near useable total, but I read the other thread about the award miles in the new accounts being set to zero on the 1st June.

Will I really lose the whole lot?

Also, I've just signed my partner onto FD as he has a coming MH flight (in May05). I was just about to post off the boarding stubbs from a NW flight in Feb05 today. Is there a chance that these miles (about 17k worth) will also be wiped off his brand new account?

I am really confused now.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:09 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
No wipe off of miles from the FD/FB accounts - it was just a joke for April 1st...

Don't worry!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
No wipe off of miles from the FD/FB accounts - it was just a joke for April 1st...

Don't worry!
With the way things are going, I found this all too believable. Alas, thanks to the airlines these jokes are never quite as outrageous as they should be.

I don't think that people shouldn't make this kind of joke , I just wish that airlines wouldn't make changes that seemed so much like wind ups. It's getting REALLY hard to tell the difference .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.