Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

How often do you score MORE than 1 blue Delft "Bols" house on KL It'l flights? :-))

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you score MORE than 1 blue Delft "Bols" house on KL It'l flights? :-))

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 12:26 am

Programs: EY Plat, IHG Plat Amb
Welcome TonyS to flyertalk!

Looking forward to your contributions to our forum!
Old Jul 7, 2004, 6:50 am

I seem to get more than one house rather often. On one recent occasion, the FA looking after us on the upperdeck came around twice with the tray. So, I got two. Having mentioned that we recently had moved to a new flat and decorated our sitting room with the delft houses (well, actually they are in the toilet ), she gave me another one. Total of three!!!

My wife says she once saw FAs giving houses to PEs in the economy class. Nice gesture, indeed, but I've never come across such lucky occasions.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 2:52 pm

Wink

A nice chat with a beautiful FA can help, too. Over the past 2 months my score is 3 extra Delft houses, 2 bottles of Piper Heidsieck and 1 bottle of Johnny Walker (on Malaysia Airlines).
Old Jul 8, 2004, 12:51 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by Papa Hotel
A nice chat with a beautiful FA can help, too. Over the past 2 months my score is 3 extra Delft houses, 2 bottles of Piper Heidsieck and 1 bottle of Johnny Walker (on Malaysia Airlines).
The "beautiful FA" part was about the MH flight, right? You can't be talking about KLM
Old Jul 8, 2004, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Exa houses...

I recently got 3 on a flight....

It was my birthday, so I asked for an extra one (and got it !!).

My seat mate also gave me his, because he doesn't collect them. We hadn't had a friendly anything at all - that was the first time we spoke!!
Old Jul 8, 2004, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by apoivre
The "beautiful FA" part was about the MH flight, right? You can't be talking about KLM
Old Jul 8, 2004, 11:41 am

I was travelling with a colleague some years back in a 747 (row 77, of course). Upper deck was almost deserted. FA came by with the Delft houses and he selected one. Since it was his first KLM WBC trip, it was the first he had received, and he mused that it might make a good "toy" for his children. (I warned him if he was going to do that to empty the juice out first, and the FA laughed.)

I then said, so which of your three daughters will get the house? "Oh-oh," he said, "that's going to be a problem, isn't it?" The FA said, "Not at all, sir; take two more." And he did.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sitting in 77A, I heard the two teenage girls in row 73 ask for #67, the only house still missing in their collection. The FA was unable to oblige. It so happened that I had picked #67 on my outward flight, and had it in my bag. I mentioned this to the FA when my turn came, which pleased her immensely. I turned out that the girls were the daughters of a person whom I shall not name, the CEO of an airline I shall not name either. The girls got their house, the FA took my list, searched both galleys for houses not yet on it, and gave me a barf bag full. Can't recall exactly how many though.

On another occasion, I stood up to disembark only to find four houses left behind on the armrests in the row behind me. Another passenger had noticed them as well, so we split 50-50.

With less than two dozen houses to go, I usually have a quiet word with the FA in the galley before the houses are distributed, which assures me first pick. I also make a habit of mentioning that should any passenger decline to take a house, I'd be more than happy to take it into custody. Works about 50% of the time.

I was also given an extra house once because I was "such a nice passenger". I'm absolutely convinced the poor FA must have mistaken me for someone else!

Finally, if the person seated next to me doesn't strike me as a collector, I simply ask if they are willing to give me the house. Amazingly, this works most of the time.

Oh, by the way, I do not collect these houses. Don't ask, though, I have two collectors lined up already.

johan

Last edited by johan rebel; Jul 9, 2004 at 3:11 am
Old Jul 9, 2004, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Johan ...... you take the first prize so far.

EASILY. ^
Old Jul 9, 2004, 2:55 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
It's often said that the Dutch are hated abroad because of their thriftyness on the one hand and their greed on the other.
This seems to rub off on the passengers of KLM, being a Dutch airline....!
I wouldn't complain either if offered an extra gift but exchanging tips on how to score an additional house seems rather awkward to me.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
jetfan ... you are very new to FT .. welcome.

After 4 years and 21,000 posts here let me assure you swapping such tips is precisely what FT is about. No-one feels 'awkward' about such things at ALL.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Totally agree
Old Jul 9, 2004, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Although the worst thing is being on a Code shared flight in WBC!!! I must have flown 6+ times on NW last year.

Missed them houses
Old Jul 10, 2004, 5:02 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Originally Posted by ozstamps
I have always regarded these houses as THE SMARTEST marketing idea any airline EVER has initiated - and kept it going for many decades. ^
Yes - It is because of those darn things my wife insists I fly KLM
Old Jul 10, 2004, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
MMMm

Originally Posted by davistev
Yes - It is because of those darn things my wife insists I fly KLM
Your wife insists ? Is that when she travels with you ? Or when you travel alone ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.