Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet check in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2004, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Internet check in

I've just been trying to make an internet checkin (YTO-AMS) after changing my flight date.
The date change fees have been paid, at a KLM counter.
The system will not accept the check in details, a colleague had the same problem a few weeks ago, is there any way around this or am I stuck with it.

I wanted to re asign my seat as at present I am in the depths of the back of the plane, called the "help" desk already but they were no help either saying there was nothing available, but if I check the saet plan on NWA.com there appears to be several seats up front still available, or are these maps not accurate?
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:53 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Assuming you are talking about the flight on 23rd.

Just tried a dummy booking on expedia and furthest forward seat available was in row 29. For a dummy return on 7th July there were seats available as far forward as row 10 in the premium area so perhaps the agent is correct.

Would not do any harm to call them again and try another agent though, if you are GE or PE they should be able to sort you something out.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

No I was travelling on the 22nd.

it seems the system wasn't at fault when I reached the check in it seems NW had screwed up the reservation and it took about 20 mins and a call to AMS to sort it out, they had assigned a new e ticket number to the reservation which the KL system couldn't recognise.

Eventually got exit row 21.

I probably should have called the help desk again, but I had two long calls to NW and a waste of time speaking to the help desk and just couldn't be bothered
Old Jun 23, 2004, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Norri
I've just been trying to make an internet checkin (YTO-AMS) after changing my flight date.
So this means we CAN use internet check-in from Toronto?
Old Jun 27, 2004, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Yes you can, I used it on my last trip with no problem and also for my wife when she left a couple of weeks ago.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 4:45 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by Norri
and also for my wife when she left a couple of weeks ago.
So it was an amicable break up then, very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.